Elavil User Reviews

Elavil - User Reviews

Elavil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Elavil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: craddockk, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 28

I was given this medicine for acid reflux and severe pain in my stomach. My doctor believed it was caused from anxiety. The medicine has worked! My only complaint is it makes me real sleepy within 15 minutes of taking it. Therefore, it is always taken at bedtime.

Comment from: suzq4u, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 06

I was prescribed this medication for sleep by my Neurologist. It has worked wonderfully for me. I was prescribed a very high dose due to 12 back surguries and pain waking me up in the middle of the night. I take 150 mg. along with nerve medication and I have had no problems at all. I would highly reccomend this drug to anyone for sleep disorders.

Comment from: chrissy4, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 01

I was taking this drug for fibromyalgia. I gained ALOT of weight and 'flipped out' in my sleep. This went on for over a year before realizing it was the medication. After stopping the drug for 3 months I dropped 65 lbs!

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 24

I have been taking this medicine for about 4 years. It has helped a lot with my headaches, irritable bowel syndrome, and trouble sleeping at night. I am on 60mg and it has really helped me. I do not have any major side effects, other than being a little more tired that others in the early morning.