Elidel User Reviews

Elidel - User Reviews

Elidel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Elidel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mlcurtis, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: October 15

My daughter, age 13, has had issues with her skin since she was very little. We started using the Elidel and were very pleased with the results. I heard and read the results regarding cancer and we stopped using it. I had become very concerned. Nothing else seemed to work nearly as well as Elidel. Now, when the breakouts are bad we apply a very small amount to only the affected area and it is enough to clear it up. I will continue to use it but only if absolutly necessary and only a small amount directly on the outbreak site.

Related Reading: Elidel | cancer

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 24

I have had very bad eczema since august and it is now december, all over my face, including eyes, and on my right arm. I used steroids for as long as I could, but after discontinuing them, it came back. Very itchy red bumps. Once I started using elidel, after a few days it went away and my skin had a soft touch again. It didn't burn at all when I put it on, but I do have to put lotion on over it because my skin would still be dry.

Related Reading: eczema

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 16

My daughter now only 2 and a half has eczema on her legs mostly and we're looking into something other than Elidel because when we apply it, according to doctors directions, she says it really burns.

Related Reading: burns

Comment from: Rosie, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 28

Had allergic reaction to skin around the eye area. Dr. said I would "really like this" medication. Applied in evening. Significant burning on the eyelids. Awoke to the area being much worse -- swollen, angry red. Took twice as long to heal because of medication.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 21

Small irriating red bumps appeared mainly around my nostriles. This med makes the area feel "hot" when applied. Dosen't seem to work, the rash just re-appears somewhere else.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: Mom S, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 03

My son, now 15 months, has had problems with eczema since he was born. Extremely bad patches on his cheeks that would often begin to bleed because he would scratch them so much. We tried using several non-rx creams from Aveno to Aquaphor. Then we tried a prescrptiong steroid. Nothing seemed to work. Elidel cleared his face up after the first 3 days of use. Now we use it only as it flares up.

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 19

I have had cronic eczema since I was a baby and when Elidel came out my doctors decided to try it to see if it would help... and it definatly didn't. It just made it worse. It burned and did not help me at all. I would not suggest it to anyone with cronic eczema. Maybe it would work with people with mild ezcema

Comment from: lbadams11, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 25

I developed eczema as a teenager and would get periodic rashes all over my arms, chest, and back. Elidel works very quickly, for the rashes were usually gone in a few days, but temporarily, for they always came back. It doesn't help the itching at all, which is almost a bigger problem than the rash itself. If you have a small temporary problem, I say it's good to use. But if you have chronic eczema, there are other medications that are more effective in the long run.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 09

I didn't want to use steroid medication since I had seen my son were in the terrible "rebound" condition after he was using a steroid medication three years ago. My doctor prescribed Elidel and I satisfied the result so far. The first day, I felt extreme itchy sensation which may be called "irritation" described as one of the side effect. After the second days of usage of the Elidel, I don't feel this irritation anymore and bright red inflammation is just like a light pink skin now. Amazing!