Elidel User Reviews

Elidel - User Reviews

Elidel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Elidel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: May 24

My son has severe eczema and we use Elidel. Not only is it very expensive but we feel it doesn't work very good. It also burns his skin after applying it. For the cost of the small tube, I wish it would work better.

Comment from: sknyltlbtch008, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 25

Didnt help my eczema at all, in fact it got worse.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 19

I am a 39 year male using it for Dermatitis. This is the best cream of all the ones I have used in the past.

Comment from: Leora Rosen, 0-2 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 12

I used it on my just-under-2-year old twins with severe eczema--both were up till 3:30 am screaming and very uncomfortable (they are typically good sleepers). Both seemed to be in pain not only at site of application, but in generalized way. I used it on broken skin (they scratch to pt. of bleeding) which I only later read is NOT advised. Nor is using it on this age kid. I think risks of this drug are not worth it--not to mention how miserable it made my kids.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 10

I had breast cancer in 2002. I had 34 radiation treatments which caused me to have cellulitis. I was then treated with Elidel cream with great sucess.

Related Reading: breast | cellulitis

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: October 29

My daughter has been using this cream since she was an infant. She is 5 now and the cream does a great job. She only has to use it on her face.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 30

I have had dealt with severe eye allergies for about a yr. with little success in treatments...I had tried everything and then was left with elidel being the last thing to try..I had to pay $71 with insurance b/c they dont offer samples anymore...tried it once and woke up with my eyelids SWOLLEN and BURNING(like a chemical burn)...it was awful...I would have been better off not wasting my money....

Comment from: Rachelle, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 18

I have rosacea, with red itchy bumps along with dry patches all over my cheeks and some on my forehead. After 2 days of using Elidel my skin became soft, no rough patches, and no more bumps! I couldn't believe how well and how quickly this worked. My family noticed the change right away to. My insurance did deny it at first, but my doctor was able to get it approved, and I only had to pay $15. I had no side effects like burning. I would recommend it!

Related Reading: rosacea

Comment from: on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: April 24

I HAD VERY BAD SEBOREHIC DERMATIDIS ON MY FACE. I USED ELIDEL AS PRESCRIBED,IT DID CLEAR THE SKIN UP (TEMPORARILLY LIKE MANY OTHERS) BUT THIS CREAM DID SOMTHING TERRIBLE TO MY EYES. THEY BURN AND STING, I TOLLERATED THE BURNING FOR ABOUT 1 YEAR(i told my doctor about it) put me on somthing else. but 4 years later i still have very bad burning eyes no doubt caused by this cream. bad drug .

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 13

I had a gross looking patch of skin with blister and they itched and burned they were on my calf,This topical creme got rid of it in 3-4 days i had had it for about 3 months and tried every pill and creme and ointment till elidel was prescribed to me, I under stand that it is a steroidal creme. All i know is that it works and maybe it would work for other viral infectious diseases to.

Comment from: MAD MOM, 0-2 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 03

My infant was given this med at the hospital in 2003. I was unaware of the potential side effects and the Dr. asured me it was safe for my infant. It was not!!!!! Do not use this product believe me its not worth the risk. My child now 8 is almost living a normal life. This drug should be taken off the market!!!!!