Elidel User Reviews

Elidel - User Reviews

Elidel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Elidel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 27

I have psoriasis that is on my face and on other sensitive areas of my body my doctor recommended that I use this because it doesnt have steroids that other psoriasis medicines have that cause stretch marks and it works wonders. Also using this product allowed me a longer time between flare ups because my skin was not addicted to the medicine.

Related Reading: psoriasis | stretch marks

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 31

I have had ezcema for most of my life, when I was in my twenties my arms looked so bad it looked like I was a leper. My doctor put me on elidel and I could not be happier. I believe this medicine has 'cured' my ezcema because I have not had any problems since then.

Comment from: Debs, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 24

My husband got a rash round his eyes and nose it was dry and horribly irritated this was going on for nearly a year, our regular doc prescribed a cortizone cream and then a dermatologist did the same. Finally we went to another doc who told my husband to immediately stop using the cortizone, his face swelled up like a balloon. it turns out that the skin had gotten addicted to it; he couldnt leave the house it was so bad so he went back and the new Dr. prescribed this elidil. Overnight the swelling was down and within 2 days it was cleared up. It hasnt returned since.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 10

I had an allergic reaction to an antibotic which manifested in icthy, severely swollen, watery eyes which in turn caused a nasty rash and redness like a mask around my eyes. I am prone to dermatitis anyway, so this was a familiar irritation, but nothing was helping with the two weeks of itchy irritated skin until I used Elidel. I used it sparingly and very carefully around my eyes four times over two days. There was a slight burning sensation with the first application, but it quickly went away and was not an issue after the initial application. Elidel worked like a charm for me. It is expensive, I was very lucky to have insurance pay for all but $25. I certainly didn't need the whole tube or even a quarter of a tube for this situation, but I am sure I will have another rash again for one reason or another. I should also note that I did end up taking a steroid for my allergic reaction as well which may have altered my results with this medication. Whatever the case, I found great relief quickly.

Comment from: Nashrunner, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 06

After having have rosacea for years, going from one Dr to another, I finally found one who "got it". He Rx'd Elidel cream which ro use for rosacea is really a cross-label purpose but it works! I am much less red and broken out, everywhere I was previously, and it's easy. All there is to do is wash and slap it on. There's no burning or other sensation involved. I've taken everything from Accutane to Oracea and this stuff wins. I am advised that rosacea is a life-long condition. I am planning to live for a long time. I hope they never stop making Elidel.

Related Reading: Accutane | Oracea