Eligard User Reviews

Eligard - User Reviews

Eligard User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Eligard sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 19

Since Eligard, I have no desire to make love to my beautiful wife who I love dearly. I miss her and the closeness we felt. I am depressed, urinate more frequently and have become emaciated since ELigard.

Related Reading: Eligard

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 25

Within seconds after receiving my first injection of Eligard I experienced an intnese burning sensation at the injection site that did not begin to subside for more than ten minutes. Therefore I demanded that subsequent injections be preceded by a local anithsetic injection at the injection site. Even with preceding injections of lydacaine the subsequent injections were somewhat painful.

Comment from: RRR, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 01

My prostate, some lymphnodes, and tissue were removed due to a highly active form of prostate cancer. However, that did not stop the ever increasing PSA blood levels, neither did radiation treatment. Eligard did stop the PSA increase, but all sexual desire & activity for me has ended.

Related Reading: prostate cancer | sexual

Comment from: Glen, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 14

Received 6 mos subq injection combined with 44 radiation treatments (Gleason 6 and 7 - PSA 13.6). After 44 radiation treatments, PSA dropped to .3, Two months after treatment, PSA is .11. I guess it will be awhile before I know if the low PSA is due to the Eligard or the radiation. Worst (maybe only) side effect has been hot flashes, 8 to 12 per day, usually after 7 PM and middle of night. Difficult to sleep through the night because of waking up to a drenching sweat. Flashes usually only last a few minutes but discomfort remains for about 10 minutes until perspiration evaporates. Doctor wanted to keep me on Eligard for 6 more months but I talked him into waiting 6 months to see if my PSA stays low. I hate,and I mean HATE the hot flashes. 7 months since the beginning of Eligard treatment and the flashes continue

Related Reading: hot flashes | sleep

Comment from: gonepro@aol.com, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 24

Lots of hot flashes, day and night. When a hot flash is coming on I feel uncomfortable and a light pain sensation in feet and legs. Mood swings and depression. These problems are far better than the alternitive

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 09

Since I started taking this medicine I now have problems with tasting all foods, liquids and a constant bad taste in my mouth. I mention this condition to my dentist and told him I was taken Eligard, he said right away that this is from the Eligard.This medicine has caused my salvia glands to become hyper active which has resulted in excessive amount of salvia and me having to constantly spit. The salvia is sometimes like mucus which can cause fungus to develop on the tongue.My dentist advice is to brush my teeth regularly and to clean my tongue to keep fungus from forming.

Comment from: captain, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 21

psa 8.6, had 45 days of radiation. first shot lupron only hot flashes and being tired. Elligard hot flashes, very tired, and tingling in foot, joint pain and hand swelling. Psa 0 , after 4 months will ask for lupron.

Related Reading: lupron

Comment from: herbct3iwq, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 21

This drug helped my cancer but it had two significant side effects. One it made me grow female breasts and made my hair grow on the top of my head where hair had gone away long ago. Is there a part of this drug that can be used for hair growth??? Please respond. hgoodrich31@gmail.com

Related Reading: cancer