Elimite User Reviews

Elimite - User Reviews

Elimite User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Elimite sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Published: February 04

Scabies is a difficult affliction to treat. The topical ointment does work. Be prepared to scratch for at least 4 eeks after treatment though.

Related Reading: Scabies

Comment from: laurieishere, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 14

I have a MISDIAGNOSIS FOR 3 YEARS and JUST FOUND OUT THIS SKIN DISEASE IS SCABIES! My Primary Care Dr I saw initially told me I felt like I had bugs in my skin, moving, biting AND INTENSELY ITCHING because I have a Neurological disease? THAT is what was causing my discomfort? 7 Dermatologist's later, 4 Emergency Rooms, 1 Infectious Disease Dr, and I FINALLY GOT A DIAGNOSIS! I had to literally REPORT MYSELF TO THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT in order to get MY DR to ALLOW ME TO SEE AN INFECTIOUS DISEASE DOCTOR. I KNEW my skin couldn't be normal! They required testing THAT WEEK, and I saw an Infectious Disease Dr who KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING, AND NOT IN MY AREA. I think Dr's talk among themselves; I MAY have been in TOPIC because ALL 3 of the Infectious Disease Dr's in my area here ALL REFUSED TO SEE ME, at least that is what MY PRIMARY told me. The Dr who diagnosed me was WONDERFUL! I have to go to a University Hospital Dermatologist now, but thanks to him AND THIS CREAM, I WILL HAVE A NEW LIFE SOON! I have had to use this cream 4 weeks in a row. It took Antibiotic and Steroids to help as well, I am STARTING TO SEE RESULTS. Now, I have had this disease, again, FOR 3 YEARS! It WILL take time! SLOWLY I am seeing results with scabs (the mite inside the scab I believe), that look smaller than a Sesame Seed, rising to the surface. Some of them ulcerate and hurt terribly. I have had countless biopsies, but in the research I did online, it is almost impossible to find the Scabie Mite in a biopsy. I at least know I will have to do this treatment 2 more times, for a total of 6 before I get into the University's Dermatology office. I don't know if I will be hospitalized or not? The BEST PART OF THIS CREAM IS: AFTER THE 2ND TREATMENT, NO MORE BITING, STINGING, NOR FEELING LIKE THEY ARE MOVING AROUND, but you STILL itch, even after 4 treatments. Yet, because of the severity of MY case I am odd. All in all, without this cream, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO? THANK YOU TO THE INVENTOR!

Related Reading: ITCHING

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 30

I have had a nasty allergic reaction to use of Elemite. I applied it 6 weeks ago for a supposed scabies infestation. The past 3-4 weeks I have had hive-type breakouts, new areas every other day. It's like my skin is hypersensitive and the slightest irritation, even clothing, causes it to flare up and itch uncontrollably. This happened to me once before. I will NEVER use any type of Permethrin again. I hope that alternatives safer than applying an insecticide will be developed in the near future.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 14

My husband, 2 kids and myself have had this problem off and on for 2 months or so. It is very contagious and very nasty type of issue. We all have used the cream 3 times and this last time my 2 1/2 year old son broke out in hives. I seem to have scabies the worst out of my family and litterally have spent many nights in bed with a designated hairbrush just for itching. Its aweful. I feel like this is never going to end. I realize they say you still itch for some time after using the meds but how do you know if the medicine in really working? Should I just use it and wait 4 weeks and if i still itch then reapply?

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: Torra, 3-6 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 17

My daughter got scabies 2 weeks ago, her doctor perscibed the Elimite for her treatment. However, she stills itching at night time, we haven't see the result yet.

Related Reading: Elimite

Comment from: helpme, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 05

i have been using elimite an it still seems to be spreading,and itch hasnt stopped,still the sleepless nights

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 16

I about a month ago i was getting bite by somthing at first i thought it was bed bugs so i changed my linen and even bought a new bed. When I continued to itch i went to a dermatologist he prescibed elmite cream after i put it on it burned so i assumed it working its been 3days after the treatment and the itching is still here even worse but i was told it would take about 4 weeks after treatment for it work so iam optimistic.

Related Reading: bed bugs

Comment from: Chrynthia, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 30

I have a very dry scalp, and I contracted scabies on my head, spreading over my neck and shoulders. I was given Elimite by my doctor, but is impossible to cover my body from top to bottom as instructed. The tube it comes in is not big enough to effectively cover an adult, especially one who is on the plus side. After one treatment, and in conjunction with antihistimine pills, my itches and bumps were going away. 10 days later, I noticed my bumps on my neck, so I must have missed a spot, and am now re-infested. Very frustrating. I feel for everyone who is suffering the relentess itching right now.

Comment from: dmoore, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 02

It was very easy to use ... It's still early so if the itching doesn't stop I'll write back and let you know.

From WebMD