Elmiron User Reviews

Elmiron - User Reviews

Elmiron User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Elmiron sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: me3, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 11

This drug has given me back my life. I have been on Elmiron for approx. 3 years and could not be happier with this medication. I no longer have to go to the bathroom every 2-3 minutes. I really can not notice any side affects. My doctor told me this drug does not work for everyone, I am just so grateful that it works for me. Yes, the cost is high. I am lucky that my insurance covers it, but I would pay anything to be able to have a normal bladder.To me Elmiron is a miracle!!

Comment from: mash, 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 15

I have been taking Elmiron for about 10 years and I rarely experience bladder pain but still have urgency and frequency when I eat certain food or quit taking Elmiron for awhile(usually due to cost). I also have fibromyalgia and allergies and I was aware many other people have this problem but I didnt realize dry eyes and hair loss were also noted. I have also had dryer eyes and a small amount ofhair loss in the last couple of years. I do feel the side effects of taking Elmiron are better than not taking Elmiron and dealing with all the IC symptoms!

Related Reading: fibromyalgia

Comment from: IClady, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 24

I have been taking this and Ditropan XL for 6 years now for my IC. It initially took about 3 months to start working and almost a year to get the full potential so i say stick with it for awhile if you can. It is the only way i can work full time. Diet is a huge part of it for me. Avoid soda,coffee and beer for sure. Vinager is pretty bad too. For those of you having trouble with the cost, contact the manufacturer. When my job was cut last year and i was laid off they paid for an entire year supply. Side effects got better over time. Dry mouth and eyes for sure. Drink water and carry around eye drops. I also have fibromyalgia and IBS. And so does my mom. I swear it is all related to one main problem with the nerves in my body. I am only 28 Does anyone else have these conditions along with the IC?

Related Reading: Ditropan XL | Dry mouth

Comment from: keturnerlaw, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 16

Saw results within the first two months. I've experienced acne on one part of my face that will not go away. Has anyone else experienced this? What did you do?

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: jadamekah, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 09

after taking it for 3 months it really helped but made my ibs more severe.

Comment from: Glenn, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 03

I have been taking this drug for about 10 years. I suffered with Interstial Cystitis for three years because I was misdiagnosed with prostatitis. I was on antibiotics and pain meds for three years and felt helpless. I knew I could not go on living like that. My PC suggested a new Urologist. The new doctor performed a cystocopy and found my bladder wall was fully inflamed. He started out with bladder cocktail instillations and that helped but when he put me on four Elmiron per day I was amazed. It took about 3 months for it to start working but once it did my pain was gone. I must stay away from acidic foods and drinks. Tight fitting pants on my waist can cause a problem. It is very expensive but thank God for Elmiron!!

Related Reading: prostatitis

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 19

I have had problems with my bladder ever since I was a little girl. I finally found an urologist that knew what my problem was.IC. I have been on Elimron for 3 yrs now. I can't live with out it. If I miss one pill, I know it within a matter of hours. So I rarely do miss taking it. It was hard for me to rember to take it during the middle of the day, so I take 2 in the a.m. and then 1 at night before going to bed. I eat and drink whatever I like.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 12

I began taking elmiron 3 times a day, but after 6 months I asked my doctor if I needed that dose. He agreed I could cut down and see what happened. I cut down to 2 a day for approximately 3 months and then to 1 a day 3 months later. I have tried to stop completely, but the pain returns. By taking just 1 dose a day I can basically eat a normal diet. I am still extremely careful with acidic foods. I feel very fortunate.