Elmiron User Reviews

Elmiron - User Reviews

Elmiron User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Elmiron sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: red, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 28

The medication worked. But I lost alot of my hair.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 02

I was taking elmiron for about 4 months the first time I took it , and it worked great. All my life I have had UTI's ,kidney stones, and horrible bladder pain. I had surgery and they saw my bladder was inflamed. My urologist sent me to a different urologist. He is a specialist for IC. I found out i was pregnant and stopped taking it. I had severe pain immediately. Then had to start taking it again. If you have IC and become pregnant try to stay on elmiron if at all possible. I had a miscarriage at about three and a half months. After that I continued to take it. But it has not had the same effect as last time. It's like all my symptoms came back worse.If at all possible do not stop taking it if you can. A break in the routine can take months to correct. I also take a med. called Urelle it helps when you have a lot of burning pain.I have been diagnosed with IC for a year . I still have problems remembering to not rush to the doctor with a UTI for antibiotics. The flare ups feel just like an infection. I had a cyscostopy done and they found scar tissue inside my bladder it is very painful. I didn't know how common that was for others with IC.

Related Reading: kidney stones | miscarriage

Comment from: determined mama, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 04

I have taken Elmiron to treat IC for over 5 years with satisfactory results. However, the hair loss, weight gain, additional bruising(combined with other meds), dry eyes and enhanced allergy response has me willing to take a vacation from Elmiron for a while and remain on the diet striclty to see if I can handle life without this medication. It may seem crazy but, I'll try and see what happens. Good luck to all who suffer with IC as I have.

Related Reading: allergy

Comment from: in pain, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 08

When I first started taking this drug it worked very well, but having been on it for over 2 years it seems like it's not working as much as before.