Elocon Lotion User Reviews

Elocon Lotion - User Reviews

Elocon Lotion User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Elocon Lotion sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Litzinger27@aol.com, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 18

I am 37 and have eczema all of my life. I have used everything over the counter & nothing works. This product stops the itching immediately. Clears up my skin in 12 to 24 hours. I have reaccurances of excema a few times a month, but with the medicine, breakouts are tolerable.Love it!

Related Reading: eczema | itching

Comment from: dnnsml07@kc.rr.com, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 29

I have been using this for excema for about a week on my foot. It is hard to tell if it is working because every day I have to wear shoes that rub on the condition and by the time I get home my foot is sore and irritated.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 13

Elocon .1% was prescribed by my ENT for itching deep inside by ear due to sinus/allergy. Great relief. I saturate a QTip or you can use 1 drop.

Related Reading: Elocon | allergy

Comment from: baberuth, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 26

Work with wood a lot and it just sucks the oil from my hands and the skin around my finger nails will some times split and become Very tender. This will usually clear it up almost over night !

Comment from: (Patient) Published: October 26

What started out as a red, itchy spot behind my ear quickly spread to my scalp and caused tremendous pain, itching, and flakiness. The areas would scab over and cause even more flakes. I thought it was dandruff, but I was told it was atopic dermatitis and to use Elocon. Original formula was a petroleum jelly based product - very messy (especially when applying to the scalp) but worked great! The new formula is very thin like rubbing alcohol, and yet has a bit of an oily consistency so it will rub into the skin. I did experience slight stinging, but attributed it to the areas of my skin that I had scratched because of the itching. I also experienced quick healing of the affected areas and as long as I didn't scratch and pick at the healing areas, all symptoms went away within about a week. I was told that stress can exacerbate the condition. Therefore, I try to reduce stress and if I feel like I can't control my stress and the symptoms begin to come back, I can apply the Elocon and prevent it from being a big issue. It's such an incredible relief after you apply the product. I'll take a little stinging any day over the incessant itching and embarrassing flaky skin that comes with atopic dermatitis on the scalp. I also like the formula because it comes in a bottle with a tip that allows for the perfect amount of product to be dispensed exactly in the area I need it. I would, and have, recommended it to others.

Related Reading: dandruff | atopic dermatitis | stress

Comment from: sonomalabs, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 28

I have been using this product for over 25 years to prevent wax build-up in my ears. I use it after every shower and after swimming. Elocon 0.1 was prescribed by my ear doctor and has cut my ear cleaning visit from one year to over three years.

Comment from: Teresa, 13-18 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 01

I am a 15 year old girl and my excema had gotten so bad that the dermatologist had been shocked by it. It was open and weeping and there was blood drawing from beneath. I found it so painful I couldn't tollerate anything touching it. I was refered on to see the 'Top' dermatologist later that day who phoned my doctor. She was shocked when he sent her my files through. You see I know exactly how well medication works and I can tell you if my skin has become immune to it within days / hours of trying it. I had said to my doctor that the hydrocortizone cream was not doing any good at all as all it was effectively doing was 'nothing' as my skin has become immune to it. He replied excuse me I'm your doctor I think I would know if your skin has become immune to it. So, when we were at the dermatologists' she asked me about it and I repeated what I had told my doctor days after starting the hydrocortizone. She asked my mum how he reacted and she told her. The dermatologist was really nice and asked to see a written account in a weeks time but I gave her my diary and she had seen all my accounts I had made within the past 8 months. She came to lunch with us reading through my accounts and asking me more questions then she agreed with what I'd been saying all along and gave me ELOCON to try. After 2 hours of starting it my skin was already closing up. I was amazed. My mother even took photos every hour to show the 'COCKY' doctor. Within a week it had miraculously improved. Now I use Elocon 1 every day at the most and my skin looks pretty good. I would recomend this to anyone who like me has been through hell and has been used like a test dummy for every medication you can name since they were weeks old. I hope if anyone does use it they achieve great results!