Embeda User Reviews

Embeda - User Reviews

Embeda User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Embeda sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Not 4 Me, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 31

DESPITE the fact I am now well adapted to my current meds, always pass scfreenongs, have had much progress after years of suffering.... I was given a free card for the medication and basically felt like I was being asked to be a monkey or test subject...I absolutely refused,..I am not a monkey for THE companies pharma SALESFORCE, WHO I OVERHEARD IN THE DOC OFFICE months ago griping about layoffs from a merger that would put Avinza/Kadian together...and how King was releasing this drug. Acurox is next... I am all for pain management and appreciate the efforts of pharma for safe and effective meds, but how in the world can this med that may cause sudden withdrawal and complications really be the correct solution? Please create a long lasting, effective, extended release morphine formulation without the (albeit profitable) trickery you think you need to please the FDA. Grow a set....we suffer every day.

Related Reading: Avinza | Kadian | pain management

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 10

my pain was there but tolerable with my other medication and now with this is hurts so bad I can't function and I have a pain management Dr. that I just discovered doesn't care.

Comment from: Ladybug, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 29

I have been on pain medication for about 10 years. The last 3 a pain specialist stabalized my overall pain with an extended (time-released) drug and a 1-4 a day breakthrough medication. This helped me believe in the extended release type of meds. Unfortunately the pain clinic closed and I was referred to another pain specialist who decided to try this medication on me. I feel as if I am a test subject for him concerning this drug since it is fairly new. I am soooo disappointed, depressed and in PAIN. I live in a small town, 60 miles from the small town that the docter comes to once or twice a month from a city that is about that distance from his main office. I began this medication right before a long holiday weekend so I was not able to call him to let him know it doesn't work or if I had to wait to see if it would work eventually. After seeing these reviews, I know this is not the drug for me. Also I have experienced many of the side effects, can't sleep, cramping in the stomach, headaches, itching, etc. So if your doctor recommends this for you, be assertive and ask questions. Make sure you have an alternative so you can maintain a pain level you can live with. Good Luck

Related Reading: sleep | itching

Comment from: in pain, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 14

absolutely horrible!!!!!! do not take this mediacation. Very little pain contrtol, nausea, vomiting, extreme headaches, palpitations. My pain Dr. refused to help me at all.

Related Reading: palpitations

Comment from: Mighty 3, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 14

This med. does nothing for my pain. I do not feel this drug works very well.

Comment from: frustrated, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 14

I also have a large variety of health issues with Chronic Pain, and cannot have surgery due to problems after open heart surgery. Too complicated to list...THIS DRUG IS HORRIBLE....I have been taking Hydrocodone for several years and it is the ONLY medicine that enables me to get up out of the bed and function. Pain is still there - but it is manageable. I also feel like I am in some study and that the doctor gets kickbacks. When I go back to see him in early April I am letting him know that I cannot keep taking this medicine. The headaches are outrageous...So bad I keep checking my blood pressure to make sure I am not about to have a heart attack or my head explode. Enough is enough - if he wants to keep me on this medicine - there will be a new doctor(pain management) for me in the future. It is 4 times as expensive also even with the dicount coupon I have to pay $25.00 for 60 tablets. And I have good insurance. I pay $10.00 for 120 hydrocodone.I am over 60 disabled and only have a disability check coming in for me. If the drug worked perhaps I might consider what I could cut out in my budget, but it does not and I cannot stand the fact that I feel like I am being used. I have Diabetes, Irregular heartbeat even after open heart surgery with 4 bypasses and a stint, Sleep Apena, use oxygen, but the pain I have with a torn rotator cuff, bad knee and hip and also from the results of a torn achilles heel tendon surgery PAIN Relief medication is necessary. As it is I feel like my life does not have a good quality to it, if I am in absolute chronic pain also and not able to at least dull it, I might as well go drive down to the ocean and walk in and say goodbye. The hydrocodone helps me manage the pain. Do not go off hydrocodone for this medicine, you will not be satisfifed at all....he started me at the lowest dose...last time in I told him it was not working and he uped it to the highest dose. It still does not work for the pain.

Related Reading: Chronic Pain | heart attack | Diabetes