Embeda User Reviews

Embeda - User Reviews

Embeda User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Embeda sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: kjhart, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 15

This medication was given to me from my pain management doctor-who refuses to take me off of it and iam starting to think he gets a kick back from the drug company that makes it for prescribing it- it doesnt work at all for me- ive never been on a pain medication that does nothing for me thinking morphine would do the trick- haha it does nothing for me!!!

Comment from: Peggy , 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 10

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS DRUG I took my one and only pill at 7 am. At 11 am I felt sick to my stomach. By 4 pm I felt like I was stoned. I ate supper at 6 pm and then proceeded to throw up. Yes it did relieve my pain however I would recommend that YOU DON'T TAKE THIS. I had read the reviews and wasn't thrilled with what I read. I had to experience this first hand in order to find out what everyone else was saying. At 6 am the next day, I was still feeling sick to my stomach. Will be calling the doctor to get a new prescription. I agree with everyone else it just isn't worth it!

Comment from: dmason, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 03

I have very bad back pain due to many things going on and I take Hydrocodone 10/500 which is not enough anymore so my pain doctor gave me this. Not worth the money I had to pay for it.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 12

I've been on narcotic pain meds for 5 yrs. for 3 herniated/bulging discs. I've used hydrocodone, oxycodone, oxycontin, and fentanyl patches. I have been on this med. for almost 3 months and it seems to be working, I don't get the ''immediate'' pain relief exactly like I use to with oxycodone but it is relief that lasts alot longer than a short-term medication. Since I don't get immediate pain relief, my pain management Dr also has me on short acting, immediate release morphine for breakthrough pain. I guess all people are different so they have different experiences, but as a chronic pain sufferer for YEARS that was taking 5 oxycodone 10/325 a day, this drug has helped me alot. But again everyone is different and my dr understands that I still need something for breakthrough pain & has also kept me on a muscle relaxant (Zanaflex) My suggestion is to communicate your problems/concerns with your doctor & if you still dont find relief, find a dr that WILL listen. GOOD LUCK, I hope others find the relief I have

Related Reading: oxycontin | Zanaflex

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 05

I have been on this for about 3 weeks. My 1st experience with long acting pain killer. I have been on Oxycodone 10 mg 3xs/day for about 10 yrs. The oxy worked fabulous to control my pain, but was too short acting. I couldnt deal w/the roller coaster ups and downs from a short acting med. So, went to see a pain management dr. (previously only seeing Rheumytolgist). I have really tried to give this med a chance, but its is very disappointing. The first 5 days it helped my pain but I think that is because I was too tired from it & foggy to know any better. It also made me nauseous for close to 2 weeks. I am now well into the end of the 2nd week and I hate it even more. Pain relief is very minimal, although it does make my condition at least tolerable. For some reason it makes my teeth hurt. (and no I have never had any problems with my teeth in the past, so considering the timing I know it is the med). It makes me very tired so that it is nearly impossible to get up in the am. Then I have very little motivation throughout the day. It is imo, a weak painkiller with awful side effects. Can't wait for my appointment in 1.5 weeks. I have to make a switch. I am 34 and suffer from chronic pain caused by a hx of Lupus and Fibromyalgia. Also, some minor disc herniations in my upper back. In summary, this med does not touch the really deep pain, but does take the edge off. Side effects unbearable. I have always handled meds well. Not this!

Related Reading: Lupus | Fibromyalgia

Comment from: mbarker, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 05

This is my 2nd month on this med and the first month my doctor had me on 20 mg once a day and had a lot pain that would come and go so when I went back he changed it to 2 times a day (1 first thing and then 12 hours later take anther one). I still hurt sometimes and I hope he ups the mg or something. It does help some and less pills to take a day because I was taken 6 percocets a day and still hurt. Good luck and I hope ya'll find something that will help.

Comment from: hugsbabs, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 19

I have had Chronic Pain for over 20 years. I am now disabled because of my knees and back. I have been taking Embedda for 2 months now, but still require at least 3 Percocet 7.5mg/326mg a day. I don't believe it helps as much as other long acting pain medications. (I'm not sure if it a good idea to have Narcan "incase you might overdose because you are dumb enough to crush your narcotics.")

Related Reading: Percocet | Narcan