Embeda User Reviews

Embeda - User Reviews

Embeda User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Embeda sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 16

i have been on pain meds for several years due to back pain the last doc i went to had me on fentanyl patches this new doc took me off them and put me on this garbage he will not even talk about changing me to something else he has to be in cahoots with pharm co

Comment from: DWP, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 19

58 W/M with Chronic Osteoarthritis & multiple joint replacements/fusions; used to taking Avinza which greatly helped. Prescribed Embeda as replacement, less than 15 min after 1st dose went into severe withdrawal symptoms lasting several hours. Could not stop writhing and spasms were so bad I ruptured disc in neck requiring surgery. Was terrified heart would give out or worse injury would occur before symptoms subsided. If someone had seen me at the time I have no doubt I would have been committed to psych ward. Absolute worst Rx experience of my life. Something in my body released the Naltrexone in the Embeda and NO, I did not crush the capsule. I called nurse and was advised to continue taking. Could only tolerate by placing capsule inside lump of bread and swallowing whole. Was in constant withdrawal and had severe headaches for rest of month before being able to see Doctor again. Was placed back on Avinza. My advice: Do not take Embeda if you value your life. Also, it did nothing for my pain and that month on Embeda is forever burned into my memory.

Related Reading: Osteoarthritis | Embeda

Comment from: tubbyjrt, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 21

I have suffered with chronic pain for 15 years & seeing a specialist for 2 years. I think we've finally found the right treatment for me! I'm on 2 capsules of 60-2.4mg of Embeda twice daily & it has really worked. I'm doing better than I have ever have!

Comment from: Guest, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 16

Finally something that really works with no ups and downs.

Comment from: robin, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 20

how long does it take for the med to work, im on 20mg twice a day. I was on 75mcg of Duragisic patches x 2days but it stopped working. the pain doctor is not giving me anything else for pain but the embeda and it is not working AT ALL!!!! I've been in pain for a total of a year. Can someone one please let me know how long to wait before its suppose to work, if at all?

Comment from: mr. tmj, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 26

I've been on many different narcotics, long- and short-acting, including oxycontin and methadone. And although something like a 30mg roxicodone will relieve acute pain better than the embeda, the roxicodone only lasts an hour or two, and I get a crash afterwards. The embeda keeps me close to pain-free around the clock. I am waking up in the morning pain-free for the first time in a long while. I still need a 10mg percocet or something every once in a while, but the embeda helps significantly. I am on 60mg 2x daily. This is my first experience with morphine in any formulation.

Related Reading: roxicodone

Comment from: kathy, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 02

i had a drug reaction and had to be taken to ed, and out of work. Had to go to mendal health classes because of this med.

Comment from: junk meds, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 14

DON'T USE THIS DRUG. IT IS TOTALLY USELESS. I WON'T BE A GUINNEA PIG FOR THIS DRUG. I DESTROYED THIS USELESS DRUG. NO RELIEF OF PAIN AND HORRIBLE SIDE EFFECTS. I COULD HAVE TAKEN A BABY ASPIRIN AND PROBABLY WOULD HAVE GOT A BETTER EFFECT. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. THIS SUCKS.

Related Reading: ASPIRIN

Comment from: fannydragon, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 11

I have fibromyalgia DDD and deteriorating vertebra, I am tired of being sick and sick of being tired and in pain... round and round the merry go round I am totally frustrated with the medical profession in general right now and would gladly trade boots with a few do they get kickbacks from this?

Comment from: steve33458, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 25

I started taking Embeda a week ago after two epidural injections. Before the procedure and Embeda my pain level was a 10+ for four months and now in less then a week my pain is down to a moderate two. Since Embeda is a 12 hour time release capsule I no longer have the ups and downs I was experiencing from other pain relievers.

Chronic Pain/Back Pain