Emend Capsules User Reviews

Emend Capsules - User Reviews

Emend Capsules User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Emend Capsules sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Elena, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 16

I went through 6 months of chemotheraphy and was prescribed Emend. It worked wonders. I never got sick.

Related Reading: Emend

Comment from: Trena, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 31

I just finished my 2nd round of chemo (breast cancer) and the 3rd and final Emend of this round. Two rounds to go yet. It must be really working well (no nausea, etc.)because I still have the back-up of Zofran (which gave me a headache) and Ativan (haven't needed that one either). I have no complaints. About other things, yes, but I can't pin anything on Emend, that's for sure! Other good things I found are the Weight Watchers yogurt with prebiiotics and probiotics, and Gatorade.

Related Reading: breast | cancer | Zofran

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 11

Thank God that you have produced this drug

Comment from: horsegirl, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 04

I was switched to Emend after my chemo regimen was changed mid-treatment (prior was using Zofran for anti-nausea). Emend seems very effective compared to the medications that target the stomach, rather than the brain.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 29

I had my first adriamycin/cytoxan chemo treatment yesterday. I was given Emend shortly before my infusion and took another one when I got up this morning. Other than VERY mild queezy feelings every now and then ... Emend is working wonderfully!!

Related Reading: cytoxan

Comment from: bkl, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 06

Have not had any side affects at all since taking it.

Comment from: makatmc, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 31

When he had his first chemo he was so sick the next day after he came home from hspital he could not go to radation I found out that he did not get his emend. The second chemo I took charge of his meds and refused to give them to hspital it made all the difference in the world. No sickness the home health nurse who dropped off the IV fluids even noticed the difference. Emend made my job so much easier it is hard enough on him dealing with cancer it makes it worse if he is sick. Thank the makers of emend not only did you help him you helped me.

Comment from: ladyJ, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 16

This medication worked wonders for me (breast cancer) currently undergoing chemo treatments, have 1 chemo treatment left to go & I wouldn't do it w/o taking my emend pills as prescribed, as expensive as they were through my work insurance company ($40-co-pay), but worth every cent.

Comment from: yo-queenie, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 24

This drug caused the worst life experience I have ever incurred. I wound up in the hospital for 4 days on day 7 of my chemo due to severely difficult bowel movements; extreme loss of body water; incomplete/infrequent bowel movements; feel like throwing up; stomach cramps; loss of appetite; head pain; throwing up; heartburn; taste problems; low amount of potassium in blood; gas; pelvic pain; not feeling well “ all of which are known side affects of EMEND and not disclosed with dispensation of the drug. I found the information afterwards on the internet. I was hospitalized for DAYS with extreme intestinal blockage and in EXTREME pain. I will NEVER take this drug again; I questioned whether I would even continue my cancer treatment if this is what I would have to go through.

Related Reading: heartburn

Comment from: clm, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 15

Nothing short of a miracle! I have had several surgeries because of two mastectomies and breast reconstruction. I literally would throw up for hours because of the anesthesia despite Zofran and other meds. I took Emend on my last surgery and for the very first time I only had a wave of nausea that the Zofran took care of.

Cancer