Emsam User Reviews

Emsam - User Reviews

Emsam User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Emsam sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: lb6u6jz, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 09

problems with constapation, Night sweats, no sexual intrest. dark urine stinks

Related Reading: sexual

Comment from: lionking301@yahoo.com, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 22

Skin reaction as to where the patch is placed on the skin. The skin is damaged to the point of bleending. It taked two weeks for the spot to heal even with treatment with a rash cream..I run out of placed to apply it. It is very costly $438.00 for 30 day supply. Insurance not covering it at this time.The medication is an old medicine but Drug Company is taking advantage it being a patch. I question its value (treatment vs cost)There has to be a better way.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: Samantha, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 15

I have been on Emsam 6mg for over 3 years for my treatment-resistant Major Depressive Disorder. I find that the drug makes me feel, not artificially not-depressed, but normal. I have a full range of emotions, not the muted feeling i got from some SSRIs. At first there was slight tremors, a bit trouble sleeping and weight loss. It felt like I'd drunk too much coffee. But those symptoms faded after about 2 weeks. I think there is a bit of an effect on my sex drive. Nothing too terrible, but I notice I am a bit slower to respond. Also, i notice that it magnifies the affects of alcohol. I feel drunk very quickly, but also become sober quickly. I find this discourages over-indulging. Overall, I am extremely pleased with Emsam which allows me to function and enjoy life.

Related Reading: tremors

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 01

Best medication of the 10 antidepressants i've tried for Treatment Resistant Depression - fewest side effects by FAR. In fact, insomnia's the only real side effect I've experienced (nothing compared to most of them out there!).

Related Reading: antidepressants

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 24

My depression has dissapeared completely. I feel like my "old self" again with a positive outlook, more energy and very few negative thoughts. My side effects are: chills, dry mouth, some trouble falling and staying asleep and irregular heartbeat which I have a history of.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 31

Like many others, Ihave medication-resistant and recurring Major Depression. Some antidepressants worked for a a year or so, but eventually stop working. This was my last choice (before ECT) and I am hoping that it keeps working...

Comment from: michelle m, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 28

i have been on it for 6months my major concern is weight gain, add 30lbs,!

Comment from: Kristi, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 02

I had drowsiness with the SSRI's. Em-sam is very effective. I do have some trouble sleeping. I find the least painful place to remove the patch from is the hip area.

Comment from: Sunshine, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 25

I suffer from Recurrent Severe Major Depression/ Anxiety. It really didn't start in until I was pregnant w/ my second child. I feel Blessed to have been assigned the Phychiatrist that I have. He tried a list of SSRI's that did nothing, or only worked temporarily. I was to the point where I had ECT, which helped tremendously, until I hit a peak. I have been on the 6mg and 9mg. 9mg works like a charm. The only side effect is that it causes insomnia, but I would rather not sleep than feel like I need to be in the Hospital. The only other problem I've noticed is, sometimes it starts peeling off around the edges, does anyone else have this problem? Also, just wanted to give my Phychiatrist a Big Thank You for getting me through all of this! I don't know at age 24 where I would be w/o everything he's done!