Emsam User Reviews

Emsam - User Reviews

Emsam User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Emsam sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: cassluvpenny, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 19

emsam was the only med that help me. after taking five different anidepression, Emsam has saved my life.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 25

It makes me feel "drugged." I take the patch off at night because it makes me restless and I get nightmares. It makes me a bit more forgetful than SSRIs. Skin feels itchy & crawly. No insurance - $479!! Better than nothing , but not sure it's worth the cost.

Related Reading: nightmares

Comment from: michiganer., 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 01

went from 6mg to 9mg, after 3-days started getting buzzing sound in head, blood pressure 95 over 52 so i pulled the patch off, waiting to hear back from doctor.4-1-08.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 13

I have had a positive experience with this drug. Although others have also helped, this one is much easier and more effective for me. Another reason is because of other medical issues. I have several other meds to take daily and this makes it so I have less pills to swallow every day which is a very big positive for me.

Comment from: MDS, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 12

I had been on 6Mg dose for 9 months. It stopped being as effective, so the Dr. put me on 9 MG dose. Within 4 days my blood pressure went low and I fainted. Also became dehydrated. I am going back to the 6mg for now. It was actually one of the only drugs that has helped me in the last 15 years.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 08

Started 6mg went to 9. Still waiting for it to work. Helps anxiety. Depression still exists. Sticks best to upper thigh. I would like to see it work better/faster for depression.

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 13

Although this drug is easy to use, I did not experience any lessening of my depression symptoms. On the higher dose I had a strange physical reaction that was very irritating. It was like an extreme restlessness.

Comment from: bunnilips, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 22

The patches leave redmarks that last for well over a week, I look like I have huge polk a dots all over where I have applied the patch. They also dont stay on very well. I feel like I could bust out crying, but really never do. Just not feeling very happy on this drug. This is my second month on it, about my 6th week. I will give it another month and see if I feel better. I went on it because prozac kills your sex drive, this drug does not, thats the upside.

Related Reading: prozac

Comment from: margieg, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 06

very satisfied. Found it to be one of the best drugs I have used for my depression . Been on it for 4 years; depressed for over 30.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 10

I'm on 6mg but it is not working at all after 3 weeks. Doctor says we will raise it up to 9mg after one month on 6mg. I've been on every type of med. for 25 years and dissapointed that I still struggle to even stay alive. Dr. says we should try ECT next if 9mg does not work. Skin rash is not bad and does not pose a big problem with using the medicine.