Enablex User Reviews

Enablex - User Reviews

Enablex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Enablex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: aj, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 26

Very Dry Mouth. Once or twice I was eating a muffin or bread product early in the morning and I had difficulty swallowing. it was almost like I had no saliva to wash it down and it stuck to the back of my tongue. Also, I have developed a rash on the back of my arms. I am checking to see if it is related to the medication. Aside from these issues, I have had wonderful results from the medication.

Related Reading: Dry Mouth | rash

Comment from: Granny49r, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 09

I experienced immediate improvement after having a very overactive bladder--having to change clothing 2 to 3 times a day due to inability to contain urge to urinate before using toilet. I am so pleased with my response to Enablex and will continue to take it daily!

Related Reading: overactive bladder | Enablex

Comment from: saasha, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 19

ALL I CAN SAY IS I HAVE NEVER BEEN SOOOOOOOOOOO CONSTIPATED IN MY LIFE! Should not be prescribed for oab as the more constipated you are the more incontinent you become according to the urology literature.

Comment from: Monica, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 18

I used this medication for about a month. It caused me to have SEVERE CONSTIPATION. I told my doctor about this. He said that Enablex was originally created for IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and not for Overactive Bladder or Incontinence. Enablex was originally a Pfizer Drug, which also has Detrol LA. Pfizer decided to get rid of it because they didn't feel comfortable selling it for Incontinence. As for controlling my incotinence, it didnt work for me. My doctor put me on Vesicare 5mg and I have improved dramatically. Vesicare works very well without the constipation.

Comment from: Adam, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 15

I was having consistant urinary infections. Near the end, I started having the feelings to pee all the time and was negative for a urinary infection. I started off on a perscription Detrol LA. It helped, but I could not empty my bladder fully, I was needing to go every 30 minutes, and I felt I had to go instantly under stress and the feeling would not go away. Bad for work. I went to a specialist and I was put on 15 mg Enablex. It worked wonders after a week or two. I could last through 2 hour meetings. The feelings go away most of the time. I can last one hour under normal conditions and I don't have to go to the bathroom at night. There are cons. One, your bladder is not perfect. You need to go premtive before major events. You have to control you amount of liquid consumption. I only drink about 32oz a day and only from 5-8 pm during week days. Thank God for hard candy. There are minor side effects for me. Constipation about once or twice a month for two hours or so. Also, dry eyes wich can be fixed with visine. I have been doubling my dose for events such as concerts or major events in my life. I usually have constipation because of this, but it is better than feeling like you need to go or have to go multiple times when you are wanting/needing to be there. I recommend it. I just wish I was back to normal with the pill. I feel like I am 80-85% back to normal with the help of this pill.

Related Reading: stress | dry eyes

Comment from: kelly, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 14

i have been on enablex for 2 days and already noticed a difference.but what can i do to get rid of the dry mouth?

Comment from: You Too?, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 05

I just started taking Enablex 1 1/2 weeks ago. For many years I have been on lots of anticholinergics... Ditropan XL, Detrol LA, and Vesicare. I liked vesicare but my vision was VERY blurry and stopped after a few months. With Enablex I got SOOOO CONSTIPATED after just 1 week and didn't even realize it was a problem until one morning I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital to void. Worst yet, I'm getting large HIVES on various parts of my body. They have a yellow center and are very itchy. Some have lasted one week now, with new ones developing daily. Is this from the Enablex??? I can't think of anything else I have changed in my routine. It must be. When I looked it up on webMd it said a side effect was 'Giant Hives' but they were rare and listed them as serious. My next step is to stop taking it and see if they go away. Anybody else having hives with Enablex? They look like giant bug bites.

Related Reading: Ditropan XL | Vesicare | HIVES

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.