Enablex User Reviews

Enablex - User Reviews

Enablex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Enablex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: spinal cord injured, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 22

I have been using 15mg Enablex for two weeks for a neurogenic bladder due to T-12 spinal cord injury. I had been on 15 mg oxybutynin xl that worked great but gave me very dry mouth so I wanted to try another drug that might not have this symptom. On Enablex, I have had lots of strong bladder spasms and feeling of bladder fulless, increasing frequency to void, and three incidents of wetting myself due to not getting to the bathroom on time. After being on the drug for five days I thought I had a urinary infection, went to the doc and that was ruled out by a urinalysis and culture. It was suggested to give Enablex two weeks to work. At this point I see no improvement in my symptoms.

Related Reading: bladder spasms

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 15

I seem to be having a lot of side effects from this.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 30

have been taking for 3 months and helped so much. no accidents. i can tell when i must go and no more false trips to bathroom. it has been a Godsend.

Comment from: Andy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 12

Am taking the 15mg dosage and have not had any problems. Although, my body seems to get used to it and it isn't as effective. My urologist told me to stop taking it for 3-4 weeks, then start over as my body will 'reset' itself. Have been on it for almost 1 1/2 years....I still have to urinate ALL the time!

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 05

Male, 64 yrs, Overactive bladder. Two Enablex 7.5 mg tablets (one a day for 2 days) totally shut down my bladder. Hospital ER inserted a catheter. After 2 weeks, I went on Flomax and had the catheter removed the next day (10 hours ago). Hoping Flomax will allow some urination and I won't have to go back on the catheter.

Related Reading: Flomax

Comment from: To Wet in Utah, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 02

I switched to this drug after using Ditro-Pan, which I had used for 5+ years. However, I am having issues relative to urgent need to urniate (sometimes wetting myself) and not getting enough relief over a 24 hour time period. I have considered taking the medication twice in a 24 hour period and asking my DR about a higher mg...if there is one...Has anyone, who have had similar issue tried varying the routine of usage..i.e. taking it at night or taking more than 1 pill in a 24 hour time period.

Comment from: amber, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 13

Not having to urinate as often!

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 01

my doctor just informed me that since I have a family history of alztheimers/demensia, i should not take this medication as it affects cognitive functions. as a result, i am no longer taking it. be careful if you are having memory problems, losing a word, etc.

Comment from: olgagal, 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 06

I have used Enablex off and on for 3 years. I have not experienced any of the side effects mentioned. I add 2 T ground flaxseed to my breakfast each day, and that has enabled me to avoid constipation from almost any cause.

Comment from: Nan, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 27

This is the 4th drug I've been on - Detrol LA was the best but stopped working after 6 mos. This drug after 2 days has me so binded up that I have been taking prune juice (1/2) bottle to un-do the problem. Will stopped taking today. Don't know what to do now.

Comment from: llmccal, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 01

I am a 68 year-old male that had prostate cancer surgery four years ago. Some cancer cells remained so I had 33 radiation treatments earlier this year and now have a zero PSA. I have been on 15 mg. Enablex dosage before bedtime for two years to treat frequent urination during day and night. I have had none of the serious side effects mentioned in other experiences and have had significant relief. My only complaint is that I have had a few occasions of significant leakage during the night. I do get up 1-2 times per night if I feel any degree of bladder urgency. I would recommend that individuals with similar symptons give Enablex a try.

Related Reading: prostate cancer | cancer

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.