Enbrel User Reviews

Enbrel - User Reviews

Enbrel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Enbrel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 2m4186, on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 20

my husband took enbrel for 3 years he has been off of it, really hasn't needed it in about a year, last week he had a chest e-ray for a surgery needed, his lungs are full of small malinant tumors, his lungs are FULL of individual tumors, both lungs...from Enbrel, don't be foolish and take this drug, yes it makes you feel better at the time but long term this drug is not worth it, we have a hell of a fight on our hands because of this drug, please don't take it.

Related Reading: enbrel

Comment from: Bonnie, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: March 18

Can't get past the chance that by taking this drug ,that works, I will be diagnosed with lymphoma or such. A little paranoia. I too got very red after a painful injection. Besides keeping the med out of the fridge for abount an hour, if you prefreeze the injection site with an ice pack for a few minutes before it is actually quite painless. Hope this helps.

Comment from: pat, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 30

Do not use this drug. While it worked at keeping my arthritis at bay, it caused demylenation in my brain which caused me to go blind. It's neurological effects are well documented, aand If I knew then what I know now, i never would have taken it. The neurological side effects are forever and far far worse than the arthritis

Related Reading: arthritis

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I know of three people who took Enbrel and developed cancer as a result of taking the drug. One person died from the cancer. My good friend said that when she first took the drug, she felt, "born again", like a new person! For the first time in her many years, she had no more pain or stiffness, and she was really sick, and she concluded that this drug was a miracle....until two years later when she developed Lymphona that started in the neck. She underwent intense Chemo and radiation treatments, and so far, she is OK! Too bad that this drug has this potential side effect of cancer and "death". I myself have severe Psoriatic Athritis, and the pain in my body gets so bad that I'm just ready to take the plunge with Enbrel, but one of MD's tells me "not" to take it, and he won't even perscribe Enbrel to any of his patients, and he's one of the best doc's in my city. He says that the research that he has studied just doesn't justify the means. Maybe in time Enbrel will become a safer drug, but for now, life will have to be painful!

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 19

Worked great for about 3 months. I then developed sudden onset atrial fib after 3 months. I got endometrial hyperplasia after 5 months, then severe anemia. Congestive heart failure about 6 months after stopping, then Lymphoma (stage 3, so must have been there for a while) just 2 years after stopping treatment. This is a VERY dangerous drug.

Related Reading: anemia | Congestive heart failure

Comment from: Super mom, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 14

At 42 YOA diagnosed with RA. Thought my life as an active adult was over. Went from jogging, weight-lifting and playing softball to a person who could hardly walk from my car to office. Pain and fatigue were horrible. Started Enbrel in Aug. 2009 and felt results within 2 days; full effects in one month. I put ice cube on site to be injected for 5 mins before shot, then 5 mins after shot. Virtually eliminates swelling, redness, and itching. I am now able to walk for exercise, lift wieghts, and actively coach softball. My life is back 95%. I still am tired sometimes but may just be that I feel so good now that I try to do too much!!! Give this drug a try; it was worth it for me.

Related Reading: fatigue | itching

Comment from: Sassy, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 03

I tried MTX, Remicade, etc. Went on Arava in January 2009, lost my appetite and 40 lbs. Arava helped some but couldn't get past the pain and stiffness. In August, 3 years after being diagnosed with RA, trying different meds, shots in the shoulders because I could hardly move, I got to the point where I said "is this the way I have to live my life?" I started on Enbrel the end of August, and in spite of the fact I hate needles, I have my life back! I use the Enbrel autoinjector once a week. The drug company has been absolutely awesome in providing support and calling me as scheduled for refills. I suffered for 3 years, could hardly open doorknobs, drive the car, or do simple everyday things. If you need to start Enbrel and are hesitating because of the needles, trust me, it's not a big deal (it only takes 15 seconds) and if Enbrel works for you as well as it did for me, it's a small price to pay when you can get out of bed without pain(used to have to move my joints before I could sit up), would take Celebrex and wait a couple of hours before I could actually function. Yes, there are risks that we need to be aware of and only you can make the decision. I know I made the right one!

Related Reading: Remicade | Arava | Celebrex