Enbrel User Reviews

Enbrel - User Reviews

Enbrel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Enbrel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: butterflyspirit, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 25

I began Enbrel treatments a little more than a one year ago after failing a trial of Humeria. The Enbrel seemed to improve my symptoms such as pain and inflamation so I tolorated the sting of the weekly injections. Lucky for me (or maybe not) my health insurance paid over a thousand dollars monthly for it. The problem arose when I was diagnosed with TB and was immediately taken off all of my RA meds except plaquenil. I had been given a TB skin test before I started the Enbrel treatment. The Enbrel was said to have caused my body to become an "immunio-suppressed host for the TB bacteria." I was extreemly sick before I was properly diagnosed and had been treated for pneumonia instead until finally a chest xray and scan led to a referral to a pulmonologist who took sputum samples which tested positive for TB. # TB skin tests had been negative. I was placed on isolation quarentine for 2 weeks. Because of the TB treatment which is a daily regimen of several antibiotics I was not allowed to take any RA meds except the plaquanil and of course my RA symptoms increased in severity. It has been a nightmare. I don't want to bore anyone with anymore of the details but I would advise anyone to think long and hard before taking this medicine.

Related Reading: plaquenil | pneumonia

Comment from: frankm1225, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 16

My wife of 40 years began taking Enbrel about 8 years ago. It worked like a real miracle drug. But within 2 years, she developed vision problems, and a neurological condition known as demyelination of the neurons. The Neurologist told us the Enbrel was the cause. She stopped the Enbrel at that time, but some permanent brain damage was done. It stopped progressing when she stopped taking Enbrel. Last year she was diagnosed with several diffuse, Type B, large cell, non-hodgkins lymphomas, the very cancer that Enbrel warns about in the fine print. This responded well to chemotherapy (R-CHOP). However, the demeyelination suddenly accellerated during her treatment and she suffered long and died of the neurological side effect of Enbrel. Enbrel kills. Rember that and think it over before you use it. And it kills decades after it's use is begun.

Comment from: bobd, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 17

I was hospitalized for a week, and drew 6 weeks of disability payments as a result of infections stemming from the use of Enbrel.

Comment from: Theresa, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 12

This drug has given me a new lease on life, virtually pain free, very few side effects, occasional thrush, found injecting into my leg caused welts and was sore on and off for a couple of days but changing the injection site to my stomach has resulted in a pain free injection site. I went from at stages not being able to hold a cup of coffee to now losing weight, being back at the gym being off all meds, (pain killers and anti inflams) except methotrexate and the Enbrel. I am now even jogging again, something that I only dreamt about. I hadn't done that for over 6 years. My energy levels are back again and I no longer experiencing the fatique.

Related Reading: thrush

Comment from: Enbrel Lover, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 15

I never do this but I had to inform future takers of how well Enbrel works! I was diagnosed at a young age with Rheumatoid Arthritis and was lucky to get into remission a few years later. Not so lucky that it came back a little over a year ago. It hurt everywhere from my feet to my neck. My friends called me the old man and even joked at getting me a wheel chair. I tried several different medications over the past year before my doctor and I decided to go with Enbrel. I started back in March and I have almost no symptoms! I still have a little trouble when I go to bend my knees but everything else is great! I even started running again! Do not be scared of the side effects because if you are like me or anyone else the benefits defiantly outweigh the cons! Also, if you have any questions you can call Enbrel directly and they are more than happy to answer all of your questions. When I first contacted my insurance they told me that it was not covered at all. I called their 1-888-4ENBREL phone number and provide all of my insurance information and they took care of everything. Do not be scared Enbrel is a miracle drug!

Related Reading: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Comment from: lost, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: November 18

My Mother used Enbrel for several years and recently passed away after months of in and out of the hospital due to infections. Please be very careful using this drug for yourself or your loved one. The last week of her life we were told that "if" she made it, she would have to be on life long antibiotics due to these infections that just wouldn't go away. She had great releif from her RA symptoms. But now...I feel that there should be more research before they put a new drug on the market.

Comment from: claudiag, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: August 20

My father had RA for more than 6 years. He was always at the doctors because it seemed he needed something stronger. He was then introduced to Enbrel and in fact it worked for about one year. After the year, he started getting different symptoms, such as loose of balance, weakness in his muscles, mood swings and was very depress. A couple months later he started getting psychological problems. This medication can be great if your not that percent where it can change your life for ever. He now has irreversable brain damage with hallucinations and needs to reside in a skilled nursing home because of his high level of care, we cannot provide for him. For those who take this medication, please be very careful and pay attention to every symptom.