Enbrel User Reviews

Enbrel - User Reviews

Enbrel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Enbrel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 28

Just a quick note...since using Enbrel, my symptoms are almost non-existant. I have been taking Enbrel for about six years and can't say enough great things about it!

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 16

Been on this for 9 years now. It was really my wonder drug, after a few weeks of the injections, I was feeling much better. And even now it continues to work. I'm very pleased. The only downside if the injection site is sore for a day, but can be helped with an ice pack every now and then.

Comment from: blessedbyc, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 16

Enbrel injections have provided relief for my pain to a great degree, but the downside is that everytime you have a sniffle, you are taken off and have to restart, maybe. I have decided to attempt natural healing, through an herbalist, I am afraid of it's "quiet" side effects --DEATH!

Comment from: nisia, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 06

I've been on methoxtrate, presodine and many more. I've been on this medications for about 3 years. I give the shot in my stomach. For the past 3 years i've developed an infection in my lower stomach. This time with the infection antabotic didn't work to get rid of it. I had surgery to remove the infection from my stomach. Yes this medication help with pain and stiffness. But the side effect or very severe. I haven't took the medications since. Now I'm in pain. I'm scared to take it.

Comment from: oc survivor, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 22

I have ovarian cancer. My oncologist told me it started 7 years ago. Exactly the time I started Enbrel. I believe this medication caused my cancer.

Related Reading: ovarian cancer

Comment from: phillis , 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 26

I was diagnosed with RA 23 years ago. I am now 51. I have been on a lot of different medications. Enbrel didn't work for me. Only took 1 shot and now have seizures. A rare side effect of the drug.

Comment from: DBC, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 15

My husband had severe Plaque Psorasis for over 20 years. We tried diets, creams, everything. Nothing worked. He was finally was placed on Methotrexate which helped but made him very tired. He would still have scales so badly that we had to change the bed sheets daily. Skin would be so thick on the sheets it looked like fish scales. His Psoarsis spread from his legs to his hips then on elbows and head. He was miserable. Eventually, his lower body was bleeding and raw. Finally, a dermatologist tried Enbrel. It worked wonders. He has a cream in conjunction with enbrel for the stubborn areas. It is like a miracle for us. He sleeps nights now; can wear shorts; Is now happy and has Quality of life. Thank you.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 04

This drug has been a life saver. Let the drug warm a bit before injection and inject slowly, this will reduce the "burn". I think I have tried every drug and treatment that existed for the past 23 years without much succes until Enbrel. It truly is a miracle drug for me.

Comment from: dselliott in NC, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 29

suffered with RA for 22yrs. was to the point of not being able to walk or take care of myself(48yrs old). Enbrel saved my life!!! After 3weeks I was a new woman. Been on it for two yrs. Almost no pain with RA, knees and elbows will bend again! I can sleep at night. Shot burns and injection sight is red for a few days. So very worth it. Cost is out of reach for so many who could have unbelievable lives with its use. dselliott in NC

Related Reading: sleep | burns

Comment from: pgro2000, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 07

the only drug that has done anything except predisone, fluid drainage and cortisone shots. You can only take so much predisone and cortisone shots before causing more damage than help say the doctors. I think the shots are nothing compared to the pain of RA, hooray for Enbrel, hope the price starts dropping. Very expensive even with health insurance.