Enjuvia User Reviews

Enjuvia - User Reviews

Enjuvia User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Enjuvia sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: sammie, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 11

I have been on this drug almost 2 years now, and it is super for treating hot flashes. I take 1.25 dosage, and have tried the .625, but hot flashes returned with lower dose. The only problem I have is that it makes me retain fluid.

Related Reading: hot flashes

Comment from: fefe, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 19

I am 35yrs old and was put on Enjuvia 1.25 years after having a hystorectomy. At first the drug was working fine, then after 2 weeks I begin to gain weight without changing my diet. I was having a hard time concentrating. I was unbelievably horny all the time, so much so that it was embarassing. I had a severe break out of acne. The list goes on but most of the side effects listed on webmd I experienced. Over all I gained 30lbs in less than a month.

Related Reading: Enjuvia | acne

Comment from: renee457, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 02

after using depo inj. for 2yrs. i just wanted to change back to a pill. due to being easier.was onit 1month. felt like i now have deminteia. unable to think stright, remembering things very hard.worked for hot flashes, but other side affects are not worth it. gone back to depo inj. 1mon. still no better. not sure if this has anything to do with this med. but ask questions before you leave your doctor.

Comment from: Berryfood, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 20

I started to have hot flashes, mood swings, sleepness nights so my doctor put me on Enjuvia. After 6 weeks of use, no more hot flashes, but the mood swings are soooo much worse. One minute I am Mother Teresa and the next minute Hitler. Not a good feeling. Also have been gaining weight. Overall, do not like. I may try a spray that a friend of mine uses. Think it is Eva or something with that name. Hope this helps.

Comment from: 55-64 (Patient) Published: August 02

Adverse event. I am a pharmacist/patient. Happily controlled hot flashes for approx. 8 months on Cenestin brand of estrogen (A) 0.625mg/day. This brand became unavailable and my gyn agreed with Medco to switch me to Enjuvia (estrogen B) 0.625mg/day. Approx. 2 weeks into Rx, developed intensely itchy, hivey rash on both shins, spreading to both forearms and slowly around my neck. Thought I would go out of my mind. Finally stopped the estrogen when I thought that might be the culprit and within 6 days, no new lesions, rash substantially better. Will probably be weeks before completely resolved. Needed oral prednisone 60mg/day, Rx and OTC antihistamines. Cenestin has since become available again and I'm deciding when to start retaking. Reported to this MedWatch (as a healthcare professional) as a probably side effect of Enjuvia.

Related Reading: Cenestin | rash

Published: April 08

I was on Premarin .625 and felt fine some days and horrible others, with Enjuvia I have been feeling much better

Related Reading: Premarin

Comment from: Susan, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 12

Just completed 3 months of Enjuvia .625 and prometrium 200 mg.It relieved hot flashes completely. Improved sleep and joint stiffness. However the weight gain and bloating is not acceptable! My dr. is now prescribing Activella. I'm going to give it a try. Sex drive is still low. So frustrating!

Related Reading: prometrium | sleep | Activella

Comment from: DonnaJay, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 23

I had stage 4 endometriosis, then had a radical hysterectomy 2 years ago and my doctor did not want me on any estrogen so as to starve any remaining endo in my body, so like a good girl, I struggled through the hot flashes and night sweats until I was about to go mad and begged her for something. That something was Enjuvia and it has worked for me. It subdued my flashing and sweats very considerably and made my life so much more pleasant and bearable. My doctor said that it is a mild dose of estrogen, not enough to cause problems for me with any endo still in my body but enough to calm down the menopause symptoms and she was right. I feel so much better and will continue on this therapy.

Related Reading: endometriosis | night sweats | menopause