Entocort EC User Reviews

Entocort EC - User Reviews

Entocort EC User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Entocort EC sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Mike, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 04

I have been struggling with this disease for over 12 years and recently had a major flare up. My doctor prescribed me Pentasa and I took it for 1 week with no appreciable effects. He then added Entocort and within 3 days, my symptoms and problems were reduced by 90%!! This has been an excellent medication for me and has helped tremendously.

Related Reading: Pentasa | Entocort

Comment from: Samantha, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 28

I have had microscopic colitis for over 4 years now--was first treated with prednisone and all it did was give me some time free of problems and fake energy. After going off prednisone, I always crashed and always relapsed. New doctor put me on entocort; have been on about a year (one per day). Drug has worked--I need to know if anyone has had experience with this drug--what the long-term side effects of using this drug are???

Related Reading: microscopic colitis

Comment from: not a fan, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 14

Began with one capsule every other day, this was tolerable. Per doctor's instructions I increased to 3 capsules a day. Within a few days I began experiencing adverse side effects. Fatigue that's almost depilatating, headache that generates nausea, back pain and overall body pain. Felt like I had been beaten with a baseball bat. Kept taking hoping to adjust, took for 2 weeks, finally quit. It's been 4 days off of meds, beginning to experience colitis symptoms again. Fatigue, headache are slow to go away. In my case, the treatment is worse because I am asymptomatic unless I experience a flair. Not eating is preferred treatment at this point. Sounds extreme, liquid diet helps me.

Related Reading: Fatigue | headache | colitis

Comment from: js, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 07

Entocort has provided me relief from extreme back and joint pain. I was unable to sleep and had difficulty moving about. After 3 weeks I feel much much better with limited side effects.

Comment from: dovecote, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 01

For ulcerative colitis it's an amazing drug.

Related Reading: ulcerative colitis

Comment from: Otto, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 22

I have had Crohn's for over 10 yrs and occasional flare ups are totally taken care of with this drug. I feel lucky after reading some of the other reviews. I've been on it for a max of 3 months at a time. I have heard that you're not supposed to take it for extended periods of time??? With maintenance of sulfasalazine and occasional Endocort, I feel pretty stable. I guess I've become to the side effects, or am lucky...

Comment from: Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 01

I have been on this medicine for 2 weeks and I have noticed severe fatigue. I actually thought I might have mono b/c of how tired I have been. My head feels like I am in a fog. I have had tightness in my chest, sore throat and blurred vision. It has taken me several days to realize that all of this is most likely due to the medicine. I take 3 in the morning for Crohn's/Colitis maintenance. Hope there is something else out there to try.

Related Reading: sore throat

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 11

I have collagenous colitis as well. All the running to the bathroom for well over a year, several times a day was horrible. Getting off the bus on my commute to work, I hated living that way. After being diagnosed, my doc had me try Entocort. At first it was 3 a day, then I wouldn't go for days on end, so I did one every other day. That ended up being too much. Now it's one every week or 2 and I'm doing great! No more having to stop at gas stations every 10 minutes or missing important events in my life, upsetting co-workers that need to cover because I'm having another "spell"! I love this medication!!!