Epiduo Gel User Reviews

Epiduo Gel - User Reviews

Epiduo Gel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Epiduo Gel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: peacefulcounselor, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 30

This stuff is great but I wish it wasn't so expensive. I've used Retin-A liquid or cream and glycolic acid 7% every night for over 30 years, so when I started breaking out again,my derm said I just needed a change of meds. Epiduo burns, stings & causes dryness at first but wow, even my deep wrinkles are smoothing out after only a few weeks. I also take tetracycline 500mg once a day.

Related Reading: Retin-A | burns | wrinkles

Comment from: MARTHA05, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 24

IVE ONLY BEEN ON EPIDUO FOR LESS THAN A MONTH. I HAVE EXTREMELY SENSITIVE SKIN!! I WAS VERY VERY SCARED ABOUT TRYING SOMETHING NEW. MY ACNE IS NOT TOO TOO BAD, BUT I REFUSE NOT TO WEAR MAKEUP. I HAVE RANDOM RED SPOTS AND WHEN I DO BREAK OUT, THEYRE BIG AND PAINFUL. SO FAR I TAKE IT AT NIGHT WITH A CLEAN FACE, AND I USE A TEENY AMOUNT, SO AFTER A MONTH LOOKS LIKE I HAVENT TOUCHED THE TUBE ALMOST. RETAIL ITS LIKE IN THE $200'S BUT I GOT A DISCOUNT CARD THAT MY 1ST ONE IS FREE, AND THEN $35 OFF THE NEXT 2 OR 3. HONESTYL, SO FAR SO GOOD, AND EVEN DURING MY PERIOD I GOT A LITTLE ONE FOR 2 DAYS, WHICH HAS NEVER EVER HAPPENED. IM ONLY 20 AND I HOPE I GROW OUT OF THIS. AND IF BY THE END OF THE TUBE I LIKE THE EFFECTS(SO FAR SO GOOD) I WILL BUY THE 2ND AND 3RD TUBE. IT WILL BE $ WELL SPENT. I JUST WANT TO IMPLICATE AGAIN THAT U CAN HAVE THE 45G TUBE FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS, MEANING THE STUFF IS WORKING AND YOUR NOT OVER DOING IT THEREFORE CAUSING YOUR SKIN TO BREAK OUT AND HURT. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!! REMEMBER. . . LESS IS MORE!!!!!

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 17

I started using Differin (the adapalene in this product) over a year ago, and it didn't do much for me. My doctor prescribed Epiduo for me almost a month ago, but because of the cost, I was unable to purchase it. Well, thankfully, I looked up the ingredients in Epiduo, and luckily enough, I still had some Differin left from before. The Benzoyl Peroxide in Epiduo can be picked up at any drug store, although, I've found that the only low strength Benzoyl Peroxide is the "Neutrogena On the Go Spot Treatment." That combination has done WONDERS for me. My face was VERY dry after the first 2 or 3 nights, but I used some Cetaphil Moisturizer, and it cleared it right up. Right now, I wash my face in the morning and night. I apply the Cetaphil in the morning and the Differin/Benzoyl Peroxide combination in the night.

Comment from: clearskin, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 25

Went to my doctors for a yearly checkup. She noticed I was breaking out a little bit so she gave me some samples of epiduo gel. Used it the first night. In three days my pimples were noticeably smaller, less red, and dried out. I did get a burning sensation and flakiness around my eyes, nose, and mouth even while using moisturizer, but thats okay because its just a side effect. After about a week I had no flakiness/dryness and my skin was acne free!! The red marks from previous acne scars were still visible but I think only time and applying lemon juice and sunscreen will make those go away. Every morning I wash my face with Cetaphil and apply the Cetaphil moisturizer which has spf 30 and if I'm going somewhere outside, I will put on water babies noncomodegonic spf 50 sunscreen. In the evenings, I wash my face with cetaphil cleanser, wait for my face to dry, apply epiduo gel all over avoiding eye area, and apply the cetaphil moisturizer. you can use epiduo on your back too!!!

Related Reading: scars | sunscreen

Comment from: kyliek20, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 15

I am a sixteen year old girl who suffered from moderate acne. I would break out A LOT on my cheeks to a point where I wouldnt want to go out in public without any makeup on. It was embaressing especially during times where I wanted to go to the water park or pool, and my makeup would get washed off. I had tried a ton of DIY remedies and none of them worked, along with just about every drug store face wash or acne control system. I decided to go to the dermatologist to see if they could give me any advice. They perscribed me with epiduo and after the first week of using it i saw results. My acne had cleared up a ton. I still had some mild scarring, but that was easily covered with a small amount of concealer. After the fist week, I found myself going out without any foundation on and that was a great feeling (: It didnt dry out my skin too bad either. I still break out, but nothing close to the way I had before using epiduo. I am very happy with my results and encourage people to give epiduo a chance!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 09

After 10 years of trying everything from drugstore treatments to natural products for my moderate cystic acne, I finally decided to see a dermatologist about 3 weeks ago. He prescribed Doxicycline (oral antibiotic) and Epiduo. After the first couple days, my acne really started clearing up. However, after a week, my skin started getting red, irritated and breaking out. Having been warned that this would happen, I kept using the product. Now, my skin has really cleared and the sensitivity has decreased significantly. It's been 3 weeks now and, I feel this product is really working. The true test will be if it continues to work. Oh, one other thing I have noticed is that some of my more minor scarring has started to fade which is wonderful!