Epiduo Gel User Reviews

Epiduo Gel - User Reviews

Epiduo Gel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Epiduo Gel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 13

Iam a 47 y.o. african american with oily skin and acne problems for 15 yrs. I recently tried epiduo paired with finacia and initially it burned ferociously and still do, but not as much. I also broke out a bit more and my skin became scaly. dry and irritated. I am sticking to using it at night, because it heals new acne very quickly. Minimal sun exposure is a must, so please use a high spf sunscreen. It is vital if hyperpigmentation is a problem. I use cetaphil sunscreen, spf 50 as it is non-comedegenic, so not supposed to clog pores. I felt like it caused some pore blockage but the two medications I'm using zapped it very quickly. the sunscreen serves as a moisturizer during the day as well. Most of all, be very gentle to your skin, because it is like royalty. Face it, we don't have normal skin like so many others, so we have to go the extra mile to pamper it more. What do you have to lose besides healthier and beautiful looking skin.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 15

I am a 45 yr old woman who has suffered from acne for the last 10 years. This so far is the only thing that has worked. My face is clearing up pretty fast! Thanks to the makers of Epiduo! LOVE IT!

Comment from: abcg, 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 07

when i first used it burning.. started pealing my skin which pealed off acne scars. pushed out the bacteria, also use it with doxycycline cleared mostly all my acne, works great

Comment from: ledulce, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 26

My doctor recently prescribed this medication to me. first she gave me samples and it was great within the first week my skin was so clear of pimples and scars look lighter. I couldnt believe that it was the cream. i kept thinking it was something else but I wasnt on anything else. I have had acne all my life. Now that my samples are finished i filled the prescription, now my skin is still clear but very dry, please note I have oily skin. The only side effect is severe dry skin. So i recommend using a good moisterizer on top of it for comfort, but it does work.

Related Reading: dry skin

Comment from: You are reading this, 7-12 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 22

I LOVEEEEE Epiduo! I'm only 12, but i've had horrible acne since I turned 10, and I felt really self conscience around my friends because they all had perfect, beautiful skin. 2 months ago, I went to a dermatologist for the first time, and he recommended Epiduo along with the Cetaphil cleanser. Epiduo was really easy to use, just cleansing with Cetaphil, and putting on Epiduo every night. Now, My skin is beautiful, and I rarely ever get breakouts, and when I do, they're very small. I would highly recommend Epiduo to anyone.

Comment from: Walker439, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 05

My dermatologist gave me a bunch of Epiduo samples about a year ago and I didn't really give it enough time to do anything. I just went back to the doc a little over a week ago and she told me to use it again. I have used this gel every night for 8 nights and have had no major problems. After about a week, my skin did start to burn a little and it is a little dry, but not enough to really bother me. I just put on my moisturizer (Aveeno) and really try not to touch my face all day. I think this product will work well, but you must stick with it!

Comment from: Clazies, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 20

I have been using Epiduo for around three weeks now. My skin becomes dry around my nose and chin areas after nightly use. HOWEVER, I find that skipping a night of application and exfoliating then deep moisturizing, the dryness is gone by morning. So if over-drying occurs, I stop use for one day, then continue the next night. The results are great! My whiteheads are almost completely gone and I've only had 2 blemishes within the past two weeks (and they were gone within 2 days!) I would definitely recommend Epiduo for anyone with mild-moderate acne!

Comment from: BeLLe5255, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 02

I'm 25 yrs old and I have been dealing with moderate acne since I was 14. I recently visited the philippines and started to break out ridiculously! When I got back I was prescribed epiduo I was a little sceptical because for the 1st week and a half it made me break out more. I cld my dr and he reassured me that like with everything else that works it gets worse b4 it gets better. I have been using it for 3 months now and my boyfriend and family can't stop complimenting me on how clear, radient, and smooth my face is! I LOVE THIS STUFF! What a confidence booster. . . .btw my face started to clear up after exactly 2 weeks

Comment from: charlieandstars, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 02

Epiduo works, but only in repetition. At first I only applied the gel to my nose and ares where I had a zit. I'm also on Bactrim DS, which kept my skin very clear, but I was getting a lot of those small little bumps that take a lot of squeezing to get rid of. I went back to my derm and talked to him, he said that every night I need to spread a layer of the gel all over my face or the the ares that I break out in. After about 3 weeks of doing this, my skin is completely clear, the gel evened out my skin tone and actually got rid of red blemishes. The only thing I don't like is that it does make my skin itchy when I apply it, but it's only in sensitive ares like around my nose and mouth, so I'm now avoiding those areas.

Related Reading: Bactrim