Erbitux User Reviews

Erbitux - User Reviews

Erbitux User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Erbitux sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: kjobennett, on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 23

Diagnosed stage 4 in Oct. 06. After liver resection in 7/07, was put on erbitux along with Irenotecan and 5 months post op, the liver is growing back healthy with no signs of cancer. The acne appeared on my face after the first treatment then on the neck later. Skin became severely dry and a month after treatments ended I am having problems with finger and toenails ingrown because the skin is so thin. Also started losing my hair in the last few weeks.

Related Reading: liver | erbitux | cancer

Comment from: SOMETHING, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 21

I have stage 4 colon CA which has spread to my lung. I've been taking Erbitux for about 1.5 years. I have experienced severe skin problems: swelling of my hands,many fissures on hands and fingertips, Hair loss and much DRY skin which flakes off everywhere. I don't know how I have any skin left! I've tryed just about every lotion and cream,OTC and RX with little relef. Now I wear surgical gloves at home 24/7 which seem to protect my poor fingers alittle and allow me to do chores. My fingers bleed and are really painful so I also use New Skin liquid as a barrier over the open areas. That stuff really burns when you first put it on but it is a good protective barrier once it drys. Hair loss seems to be very common- I buy wigs from the cancer society and have fun changing hair styles. I have fairly recently developed severe acne-type sores primarily on my head. They are very irritating, itchy and cause nasty exudate. I've tryed calamine lotion to dry it out, oral antibiotics work well and I'm now trying topical antibiotics--I'll see how it works. Well, you know...it's ALWAYS SOMETHING!

Related Reading: Hair loss | DRY skin | burns

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 03

dx in 03/06 w/stage 4 colon cancer this is my 3td treatment w/ this drug acne did start after the 1st treatment on nose and chin. started to lose hair in the hand fulls after the 2nd treatment. overall this is new for me then the prior chemo that I have completed. but the antibotics have dried up most of the acne. just have some sore spots on my head where the hair has left.

Related Reading: colon cancer | acne

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 24

The drug caused severe acne the first time I was administered it. Subsequent dosing has led to less severe reactions, but I still have acne.

Comment from: davo, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 03

severe acne and have only had 3 treatments so far and will start radiation next week i hope this works as i can barely stand looking at myself

Comment from: cetuximab, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 07

i am 16 months post treatment and have developed servere skin problins including hair loss. anyone had similar experiences. cancer has hopefully gone. all check ups have been good. but quality of life is very bad with the skin problem

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 07

I had severe facial/scalp acne after loading dose and 1st treatment. Onc adjusted dose and that helped a lot. Still have rash on chest & back and some on face/neck, but very tolerable. The extremely dry skin and the splitting of the skin on fingers, toes, feet and legs is less tolerable, but my CEA has dropped in 4 months significantly for the first time in 1.5 yrs. It's worth it for me!

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: loucaf, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 05

Seems to work at holding cea count from getting higher but not improving the numbers, 4th week on it had the rash issue on face (especialy around the nose,cheek area), head and sholders but this has gotton better with a med(cream)the doctor gave me. Looks like my doctor will continue but don't know where ths is leading right now. I'm stage 4 colon which spread to my liver and lungs and this is what were dealing with now these areas two arears.

Cancer