Erbitux User Reviews

Erbitux - User Reviews

Erbitux User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Erbitux sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: don m, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 21

Took with alymta, ninth treatment experienced shortness of breath-went to emergecy room- now in hospital and still can't breath-on oxygen and no prognosis if lung damage is permanent-very dangerous with little benefit-i would never had use it if i thought it was so dangserous-i may die soon

Comment from: anxious, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 20

In Feb 09 I was DX with colon cancer that masticated to my lungs first and then to liver. I have been treated with various chemo drugs with out much effect. In Jan 2011 I was started on IV Chemo Drug Camptosar IV with Erbitux. I have experienced all the skin rash side effects listed in all the above reviews. However my CAE had been stabilized around 6.6 - 8.7. However, since being on Exbitux my CAE has increased dramatically over the last 4 months from 6.9 to 24.5. So far my Oncologist has not been able to determine why this is happening. Some reviewers above experienced just the opposite effect of Erbitux on their CAE numbers. This has me very concerned.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 10

was treated 2 years ago for head & neck cancer. i had a severe reaction to my initial loading dose immediately. after pre medication was able to tolerate the next day. the second try a few weeks ago, i had a more severe reaction even with pre-meds. elevated blood pressure, oxygen saturation bottomed out, heart rate at 136bpm. had to give up on it because of risks.

Comment from: BILLYG, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 21

I HAVE HAD THE SKIN RASH MY DOCTOR GAVE MEDS TO PUT ON MY FACE I HAVE DOING THISERBITX FOR 4 MON. IN MARCH I WILL GET ANOTHER PET SCAN I HAD ONE 2MN.S AGO THE DOCTOR COULD NOT BELIVE WHAT WAS SEEIN. SO HE WANTED TO TALK TO MY ENT.IT LOOKS LIKE IT BROK IN 2 PEICES AN GOT SMALLER I HAD CANCER I HAD VOCL CORD CANCER THROAT CANCER HAVE BEEN TO THE FOOT DOCTOR HAD THEM CUT OPEN TO LET THE INFCTION OUT THAT REALLY HURT'I GUESS ITS HOW BAD YOU WANT TO LIVE I ALSO HAVE A TREACHI GUESS I WILL FOR EVER.THE REST OF MY LIFE I GET ERBITX ONCEWEEK SOI DO NO WHAT YOU ARE GOING THEW GET A GOOD DOCTOR ONE THAT CARE MINE IS THE BEST TC

Comment from: Anang, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 22

There is another drug called Nimotuzumab that does the same thing as Erbitux, but does not cause any rashes or other skin conditions. The drug doesn't have to cause a rash to be effective. Nimo has not yet been approved in U.S. (going thru trials), but was just approved in Mexico. Already approved in India, China, and about 20 other countries. Just search for it on any search engine, you won't have trouble getting more info.

Comment from: 45-54 (Patient) Published: September 17

The information above is required, but I have only had 3 treatments and am not sure how effective it is. I have rectal cancer. I have experienced extreme dry skin and acne on my face. Antibiotics and over the counter Proactiv seem to be helping and my face is getting better.

Comment from: Dave, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 17

Because the caregivers felt that the tumor in my lung had actually started in the head/neck area this medication was prescribed. After four weekly injections a chest x-ray revealed the tumor was larger and the side effects included an ugly red rash from the waist on up, extreme acne which prompted a trip to the dermatology department, a numbness on the soles of both feet, a chronic dry mouth condition and changes in bowel movements. As this was going on it was getting more and more difficult to breath. The doctors made no mention of stopping this treatment and allowed it to continue for five more weekly sessions. Another chest x-ray showed the tumor was even larger than before and it was then that I said NO MORE ERBITUX!!! This medication messed up my body with no benefit whatsoever!! I am now

Comment from: JaxTastic, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 15

I am taking Erbitux for NSCLC (lung cancer), am 30 years old. Not sure how effective it is, but if effectiveness is gauged by the severity of rash... this stuff works. I have rash all over my back, face, head, stomach and my skin is awfully thin. This is my maintenance drug so hopefully will not be on it forever because yeah it's kind of nasty on the fingernails/toenails. Besides that I look ugly and people think I am weird... compliments my baldness.

Related Reading: lung cancer