Eskalith User Reviews

Eskalith - User Reviews

Eskalith User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Eskalith sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: angelkae, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 07

I will be honest with you, I was scared to take Lithium - really scared. I think, in my thoughts, it confirmed I had a serious illness (as well as potential bad side effects) and so I avoided it - for as long as I could. It took a good hypomanic episode to convince me to try it. I did have some typical side effects; shaky hands, dry mouth, loss of short term memory and severe nausea. They all went away fairly quickly (the nausea was yuck..needed to space my doses)and they were more annoying than anything. Now, more than a yr later I am feeling more myself than I can remember since this illness first beset me. I feel clear headed and not weighted down. I can see beauty and enjoy it. I have more energy that lasts all day. I have a will to live and a mind that desires it. Thoughts of death are now rare. Thoughts of suicide began to disappear shortly after taking Lithium and an antidepressant. I look back to being first diagnosed and the hell that followed of trying to find the right blend of meds... to beginning Lithium... to today. I am so incredibly thankful for the medication and dear family who had the strength to get me to this point. I thank God for rescuing me. I am alive for a purpose and I aim to do good and live well. I have my life back. I know what true joy is. I am glad I took the chance to try Lithium.

Related Reading: dry mouth | suicide

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 24

I have been taking this medicine for about 18 months now. I have regular blood work done to determine dosage increase or decrease and liver function. And I have never been better. I still have moments of depression but they are manageable now instead of all consuming. The best part is that the nightmares, paranoia and spinning thoughts are gone. I've taken several other medicines that would work at first but within a month the symptoms would come back. But, the Lithium has saved my life!

Related Reading: liver | depression | nightmares

Comment from: bipolarbear, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 05

The lithium worked great for awhile, and then it shut down my thyroid. I became sluggish and suddenly gained 20 pounds. I had to stop taking it immediately

Comment from: ansdad, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 29

Found medication very effect, but side effects were difficult. It spiked my blood pressure, requiring medication. Frequent thirst and urination; loss of focus and memory, shaking and fine motor difficulties, and fatigue.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 07

This medication was a life saver for me! I started taking it while I was hospitalized for an attempted suicide. I was still taking my other medications but they obviously were not cutting it for me! I have been handling my disorder very well ever since lithium came into my life.

Comment from: wolfepack80@yahoo.com, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 02

I was very afraid to try this drug, but now I am very glad that I trusted my Doc- I feel a huge difference in how I feel everyday.My mood swings are happening less and less, and that makes me happy, but it makes my fiance especially happy to see me better.

Comment from: 25-34 Published: May 11

I have a friend who has been on Lithium for 33 years and it has worked great for her. Unfortunately, she just found out that her kidneys are only functioning at 19% due to her use of the drug. The doctor informed her that it is a highly toxic drug and this can happen. She had never been told this in the 33 years of taking Lithium. She is now nearing the point of being in need of a kidney transplant, as well as being in the process of a new medication to treat her bipolar. It is heartbreaking to say the least. Please discuss all of the possible risks with your doctor before choosing this medication.

Comment from: MIBLDWN, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 25

I HAVE BEEN HUNGRIER AND FREQUENT URINATION THATS IT

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 14

When,I first started taking Lithium for my bi-polar disorder; I would take my med. in the morning, but i found out that if I take the lithium at night time before bed, I feel 10xs better(mood swings controlled).