Estrace Vaginal Cream User Reviews

Estrace Vaginal Cream - User Reviews

Estrace Vaginal Cream User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Estrace Vaginal Cream sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: bartoncat, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 28

I was using this to strengthen the walls of the vagina to aid in a leaky bladder. Had headaces everyday for a week - the last one was a full-blown migraine - worst I have ever had. Will try something else.

Comment from: Nana, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 10

I've only used it a few times, I am sleeping better. The mystery is when I washed my underwear the crotch is blue....it has to be from this medicine.It will not wash out, even with bleach poured on it. Has anyone else had this happen?

Comment from: karenrugs, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 10

I feel like the med is working like the Doctor said it would. However, I'm retaining fluid and am not real sure if this is a short term side effect.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 13

Symptoms were not resolved (atrophy) but helped skin and ability to sleep. Needed surgery required immediate cessation of use, causing some side effects.

Comment from: Betty, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 17

It has relievied vaginal dryness which is why my Dr. prescribed. However, I find I have mild dizziness, slight headaches, mood changes and mild depression. Accompanying literature with RX says it should be reviewed ever 3-6 months of use. My Dr. did not suggest this. Now I am worried and not sure if I should remain on it.

Related Reading: dizziness | depression

Comment from: dmcbeck, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 23

After being removed from the lowest dose of premarin by a PA, my NEW doctor prescribed Estrace cream and I am very satisfied with the results. My hot flashes diminished after 1 week and the vaginal dryness & itching which was severe has improved significantly. Well worth the inconvienience!

Related Reading: premarin

Comment from: Tina, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 09

It worked well for me, but i have to wear a mini pad for sure.

Comment from: Bede, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 17

This crem has been a lifesaver for me. Not only improved vaginal dryness but ended constant uti's.

Comment from: kate, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 19

I switched to Estrace/cream but after using it for a few months my eyes became very dry to the point of not wanting to continue using it. Also, headaches that were not part of my life, became a daily thing. I thought that this medication was identical to our own bodies. I had to go back on Premarin/cream.

Comment from: jam, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 15

3 yr history of vaginal dryness on & off & yeast infection...pain on intercourse on & off,1st use Vagifem for 1 yr, then tried Premarin Cream which Pharmacy dispensed lower dose than order...to tired to fight the battle, did as Rx directed, was ordered Estrace Cr 0.01% 1 Gm in 11/09 14 days nightly then 3x/wk, filled Rx for only 1 mo at local Pharmacy as going away & wanted to start. Asked Dr to reorder for 90 day mail order & this time instead if 3x/wk filled for 2x/wk. Called Dr last wk w terrible pain on intercourse...reordered Estrace 1 Gm 14 dys HS & 3x/wk... I am to see a GYN specialist at University Center...GYN regular Dr wanted me to go last yr but sick of Dr's. I have multiple medical chronic conditions that require meds or I will be in pain, etc ...In short these probably cause the vaginal dryness. I am hoping this works. Yeast infections per GYN Dr & I had no discharge or complaints other than pain on intercourse. Does this help this problem I don't know yet. Reason for my uncertain answers. Specialist may put a new light on entire problem.

Related Reading: yeast infection

Comment from: Mary , 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 03

Although this product did help with the vaginal dryness, the pros did not outweigh the cons which were: headaches, general malaise, and water retention. I felt awful. Right now I'm looking for a "natural" estrogen cream!