Estrace User Reviews

Estrace - User Reviews

Estrace User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Estrace sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Cheryl, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 28

It was fine,until July 2007.Been on medication almost one year.The symtoms are back and i'm taken the pills and nothing.

Comment from: roselyn, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 06

At age 50 I had a radical hysterectomy and began estrogen replacement therapy. Seven years later I had DCIS (non-invasive breast cancer surgery) and was taken off my estrogen for seven months. I elected to start it again and had been fine. Last year I stopped, thinking at age 67 I was past needing estrogen. WRONG!! Insomnia, warm flashes, mood swings all came back. Just started back again on 1mg 3 times per week and looking forward to feeling better again soon. I'd rather live 10 more years feeling good than 20 more years feeling like I've felt for the past few months. I've been cancer free for 10 years and have yearly mammograms. My doctors say the benefits outweight the risks.

Related Reading: breast | Insomnia

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 05

have a lot of joint pain since taking this medication

Comment from: audrey, 55-64 (Patient) Published: August 19

I've been taking this medication for 10 years with no problems. It has worked well for me.

Comment from: shocked, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 05

I had a hysterectomy in Janaury 2009 in order to take estrogen to stop my bone loss. It was the only safe way to take this medication without the risk of cancer, as it runs very highly in my family. I also have had severe reactions to 4 osteoporosis medications, and my doctor and I have decided that I should not take any more of these medications. They have caused lasting medical problems for me. So far I am very satisfied with my estrogen treatment.

Related Reading: osteoporosis

Comment from: Lolla, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 21

I've only been on this med for 2 weeks and will remain on it for 1 month just to be fair and allow it to work its way through my system. Side effects, yes, one: body aches. I'm a runner and hiker and this tiny pill is proving to be a pill. Because I know my estrogen level is low, I will give it a fair shot. I just don't like when anything interferes with my workout regiment.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 26

I have been on the medication and now I am having hot flashes really bad - alternate between hot and cold. They occur day and night. Worse problems since I started hormones. I am going to change right away after contacting my physician.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 19

The medication was very effective but after six months of use, I found a small lump which begin to form in my right breast. I cannot say that the medication caused this but it scared me enough to discontinue using it. I had a biopsy and the lump was not cancerous.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 05

My Doctor put me on Estrace after i had a full hysterectomy. It seems to be working for me I have on hot flashes and the only mood swing is I want to cry every morning. I've only been on this medication for 2 1/2 weeks so I hope the crying will soon stop and the medication continue to work.

Comment from: Sunny, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 10

Currently taking Depo (Verva) for birth control the first time. no problems after 8yrs i decided to choose this method again. Not the same results. I was constantly spotting no a good thing in a new relationship! My doctor suggest I take it for seven days to stop the spotting. So far so good and i must admit that my interest to "participate" in bed was restored as well. Hope you find this helpful.

Related Reading: birth control

Comment from: skunkyflowers, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 09

was just increased to 1mg after takin 1/2 that for 4 years. was having bad hot fashes and nite sweats. had a hysterectomy in 1996 but left 1 old ovary