Estraderm User Reviews

Estraderm - User Reviews

Estraderm User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Estraderm sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 08

This most likly is not the right dose for me it seemed to work for maybe 2 weeks and then I was back at square one. I had been taking oral medication for menopause prior to wearing this patch. However what I could not understand was that considering how expensive these patches are why Novartis does not include an additional patch as a backup when the estraderm patch begins to come off due to showers or clothing, I am not saying an additional medicated patch but perhaps something similar to a band aid that would fit over the patch to help keep it secure until it is time to change. That in my opinion has been the most diffiult issue with it, it does not stay in place for more than 2 days.

Related Reading: menopause | estraderm

Comment from: Marianne, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 19

Total hysterectomy 1978 at a young age (Thanks Dalkon Shield!). Started oral meds, then found this product. A life saver for me & family, ;-). Worked perfectly all these yrs, then was removed from market. WHY? My alternative has been Vivelle. Not happy w/sweats & moods! Plus more expensive! Made by same company.

Comment from: Estraderm Fan, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 27

I have been a long term patient on this treatment and experienced additional benefits related to alleviation of cardiac symptoms, continued elasticity of skin, and skin tone. I have been told that the product is no longer available, and have yet to find another estrogen product that produces the same results. I would like to know how to acquire the product, or, is there an accessible replacement with the same comoposition?

Comment from: JoyceN, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 05

Been on this since 1985 and love it. However, I've been told it's not going to marketed anymore. I hope they are wrong as this is the ONLY drug that stopped the hormone swings after surgery. I've been through every other possible means of inducing hormones into my system and this is by far the best for me.

Comment from: ESTRADERM, 75 or over on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 25

I HAVE BEEN ON THIS MEDICATION FOR 40YRS AND IT WAS THE ONLY HORMONE THAT WORKED BEAUTIFULLY AND STILL DOES....

Comment from: drjudithvolpe, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: September 02

I have used Estraderm for 22 years and am very upset that Novartis is taking it off the market. Vivelle Dot does NOT give equivalent blood levels.

Comment from: Diane, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 18

I love this patch. No side effects. Other patches gave me Migraine headaches. Have used it for years and don't want anything else! The best on the market in my opinion.

Related Reading: Migraine

Comment from: Freya, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 21

My Dr. put me on it due to my transition from Male to Female. He told me it was safer than Prognova and easier to use.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 09

used patch for first month after hysterectomy and i got shakey and couldn sleep the first teo days after applying new patch. it also had to be taped on after 3or 4 days of wearing it and it left burn marks on my skin. i switched to pills now and i like them much better

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 19

After a couple of months, I developed burns and could no longer use the product. I now take oral Premarin.

Related Reading: burns | Premarin

Comment from: Kathryn Brandt, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 01

The patch falls off and is terribly large. I hate this patch and it should be taken off the market. I have to tape it on.