Estratest User Reviews

Estratest - User Reviews

Estratest User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Estratest sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 26

2 months. huge decrease in hot flashes, and improvement in mood. Increased libido.

Related Reading: hot flashes

Comment from: lucien111, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 16

I have been on Estratest for 20 years. I remain extremely youthful in appearance, vital, without menopausal symptoms. I was just informed it has been taken off the market and I am devastated. Have tried generics which do not work.

Related Reading: Estratest

Comment from: Dr. Mika, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 26

For those of you who are having trouble getting Estratest, it is made now under the name of COVARYX and produced by Centrix Pharmaceuticals. You can go to www.centrixpharmaceuticals.com and get a $10 rebate coupon for this medication. It has the same exact medication as Estratest. I have been a nurse for 25 years and I study these things. Covaryx works as well as Estratest because it is the same medicine. Just a different company making it.. Trust me..

Comment from: Great at 55, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 04

I had a complete hysterectomy at 37. I tried several forms of HRT and nothing worked. I seemed to be resistant. I then started Estratest used with Vivelle Dot. They work for me. I am now 55 and worry a bit about having taken HRT for so long, but I feel great, have energy and great quality of life. I have regular check ups and keep a close eye on side effects.

Comment from: CM estratest user, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 30

I was on Estratest for 5 years, and on Cenestin before.However they have pulled the name brand and I have been on the generic for several months now. The generics do not work, and I have had severe side effects. I am going off the generic today, per my doctor's instruction.I never knew there was a problem with Estratest,and the FDA.The drug store just said they changed me to a generic equivalent per my insurance company. I want to alert other users of my severe reactions, heart palpitrations, dizziness, bladder problems, sleep disorder now. Doctors and drug companies should alert patients to the problems

Related Reading: Cenestin | dizziness | sleep

Comment from: JK, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 26

Increased sex drive, no more vaginal dryness or pain during intercourse.

Related Reading: vaginal dryness

Comment from: coop, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 23

I felt this was a miracle drug at first. After several months of use I developed heart palipatations and shortness of breath. I discontinued use and have not been bothered with the palipataions since.I was on a very mild dose and took only half a tablet. When taking this drug, be sure to have regular checkups and report any odd symptoms.

Comment from: steelegal@gmail.com, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 26

I have been on this drug for 16 years and love it. I went off for a couple of years due to a "doomsayer nurse practicioner". During that 2 years I aged and felt terrible. I'm back on estratest but my insurance won't pay for it as it is now FDA approved. What's the matter with the FDA? Maybe they need more women of menapause age on the committee. If it's true that they are not making it anymore it's probably due to the lack of FDA approval. This is a travesty! Please tell me it's not true.

Comment from: Sabrina, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 03

I went into early menopause as a result of my total hystorectomy after many, many years of endometrial problems + cysts, etc. I am an athlete and along w/ Vivelle Dot patches take this every other day, half dose. It helps me with the Testostrone loss that is not talked about enough! I tried several pills, patches and combos of things and these 2 treatments have been excellent!

Related Reading: menopause | cysts