Estring User Reviews

Estring - User Reviews

Estring User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Estring sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: happy, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 07

After only 6 months, I have not experienced any side affects, other than additional discharge.

Comment from: barb214, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 14

For years I have had extreme dryness in the vaginal area due to hysterectomy have tried other injectables that were messy etc.. but this ring has seemingly made the tissue in that area more healthy and helped with the dryness. Although I seem to have attained a bigger middle, weight has stayed around the same but the waistline is bigger. Do you think that is because of Estring?

Related Reading: Estring

Comment from: Doris, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 24

I have been using this product for about 3 year with no problems. I had breast cancer in 1999 but have had no reoccorance.

Related Reading: breast | cancer

Comment from: bergybrat, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 22

For approximately 3 years, post menopause, the vaginal burning and dryness became something I began to live with. I tried purchasing numerous creams and vaginal lubricants, none of which actually helped. Sex was very painful. At my annual gyn exam, I expressed that I did not believe that I would ever have anormal sex life again. This year, my physician recommended Estring. Long story short, the vaginal dryness is almost completely gone and my sex life is back to normal. I am amazed that so many woman are silent about this problem which seems to be rampant among post menopausal women. It has been the only product that was successful and I tried most products sold in pharmancies and tried many so called holistic products purchased over the internet. I would recommend trying this product. I was very hesitant but so happy I did.

Related Reading: menopause | vaginal dryness

Comment from: canada, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 17

I used this for 4 months for vaginal atrophy, while it did correct that problem it caused others, it caused bowal inflammation and vaginal inflammation. It was as if my body was rejecting it. My abdominal and back pain was so bad I had to take it out. Toxic shock syndrome can be, all be it rare, an end result of this. The theory and convenince is good but I can't see how anything foreign can stay in your body all the time without causing problems, especially in moist tissue. I would not use this product again.

Related Reading: Toxic shock syndrome

Comment from: monipyle, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 19

I have experienced no side effects at all that I can identify. I do occasionally have to push the ring back into position, but all in all, it seems to have helped somewhat with bringing elasticity back, but no 100%.

Comment from: Pearl, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 25

I have been on Estring for 2 years and love it! No more vaginal dryness and no other side effects. I totally forget it's inserted and have to rely on my calendar to remind me it's time for a refill prescription.

Comment from: thankful, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 21

I was given this ring for vaginal atrophy, once i changed doctors who kept treating me for yeast infecctions...NOT THE CASE. I had a complete hysterectomy at 29 and now in my early 40's, I have learned that vaginal walls were breaking down and my symptoms mirrored some of the symptoms related to yeast infections. I have been using it for about 6 weeks now and my vagina seems back to "normal" as far as dryness, no more burning, irritation or inflammation. I have, however, experienced hot flashes but they sure are worth the discomfort I was having from using a daily does of 1 mg Estradiol... I'm happy so far and feeling like myself again. It has not impacted my sexual drive one bit!

Related Reading: hot flashes | sexual