Estring User Reviews

Estring - User Reviews

Estring User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Estring sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: bowler27, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 05

I have used this ring for 7 years. I wanted to stop twice and after taking it out, 2 days later I experienced estrogen dropping, confusion, headache, stomach ache and a complete feeling of doom and gloom. My doctor told me she never heard of anyone having these symptoms, but I have to put it back in two separate occassions because I felt the estrogen drop and it was a nightmare. Don't know how I will ever get off of HRT. What a nightmare.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 10

Over all it has worked well for me have not had a problem with it staying in place, have had comments on how my skin looks better,no night sweats or hot flashes. I did start using it for low estrogen.The only complaints I do have is that I do have an increase in dicharge and have really gain alot of weight since i started using it about 3 months ago. I took it out 2 days ago not sure whats worst the symptoms or the weight gain

Related Reading: night sweats

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 04

It has worked for me. I thought I was going to be miserable the rest of my life. It has made having sex so much better, less painful and no more OTC lubricates.

Comment from: Menopause Hot Flash , 35-44 (Patient) Published: January 21

I have been unable to keep the ring in the upper third of the vagina.I usual have to reposition the ring about 3 times a day.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 19

I have been using this for 3 months now and have had no issues other than I have to reposition the ring every so often. It makes me normal again in terms of lubrication!

Comment from: Victoria, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 16

Could only use for about 3 weeks. Swelling and burning sensations after about a week of use. Could not keep it in place and it would come out while exercising. The hard plastic ring was difficult to place and it could be felt. Cost $183.00. Weight gain of about seven pounds during the 3 weeks I used it. I took it out until I can talk to my doctor. Also I am concerned about the blood clot issues because I have large veins in my legs. Would not recommend for the cost/weight gain problems.

Comment from: dt, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 04

I am 52 and had a total laparoscopic vaginal hysterectomy done 6 weeks ago and developed a grade 1 rectocele post-op. At my 6 week check up, my gyn and I decided to trial the Estring to see if it would help with the semi-discomfort my anterior rectocele was causing me. She inserted it. I was optimistic with reports on website postings, but had to remove it after 4 days due to continual discomfort, even after repositioning it. It also made me feel bloated, and there was nothing to bloat in my lower abdomen-it had all been removed, but my pelvic area felt like I was on my period. Maybe some body types don't adapt well to this appliance. It's a 5cm semi-stiff ring and too bad it is not more flexible. I can't imagine wearing it and exercising. Also, Pfizer, the manufacturer, has not done studies on intermittent use and storage of the device-I called them. I think they should, as many women may wish to use it intermittently. It was too early to tell if the device helped my rectocele. It wasn't in there long enough to know. The concept is a good one - lowest levels out there for estradiol to the vagina, but wish they could come up w/a device that wasn't so big and so stiff. I am an RN, so I did a lot of research on various .org websites before purchasing. My co-pay was $30 so I feel like it was worth trying it for that amount. Sounds like others have had better luck than I did.

Comment from: smilarider, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 18

I was given this product to combat vaginal dryness after menopause, it worked wonderful in that area, but it caused moderate to severe pain in my arms and legs, which happens whenever I try a hormone replacement product, even though my doctor told me this would not happen with this product, I had to take it out after 3 weeks, was disappointed as it seemed to be so easy to use and helped immensely..,.

Comment from: wench76, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 16

I kept the ring in for 6weeks but I had to take it out because of leg cramps and my hair falling out. Was very satisfied with it making my dryness issue go away. Hope I can find something else to take without these issues.