Estring User Reviews

Estring - User Reviews

Estring User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Estring sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 09

Experienced weight gain, irritability, headaches and urinary difficulties within the first two weeks of using.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 31

I was using this drug to help strengthen the vaginal walls after bladder surgery. I had a hysterectomy many years ago. I have problems keeping it in place but the worst problem is extreme itching and irritation. Almost unbearable. I will no longer use this ring because of that. Wish it had worked for me because I won't use oral hormones due to history of heart problems.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 06

I have been using the estring for about a year with no side effects. I still use however a lubricant for the vulva area only.

Comment from: ageless, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 15

It was easy to put in, but difficult to remove. It did easae the vaginal dryness. There did seem to be a thickening of my waistline, but the hot flashes have all but stopped.

Comment from: Coco, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 15

Inserted on Friday night. No problem. Woke up with a bad migraine on Saturday. Spent half the day getting rid of the migraine. Next day milder migraine symptoms that went away by late morning. Sunday PM developed another severe migraine that sent me to my bed early. Took out the ring on Sunday night and threw it away. Cost me 120 dollars. They should give a deep discount on the first one to see if you can tolerate it.

Related Reading: migraine

Comment from: stormy57, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 21

I am 54 and have used Estrace Cream for last 4 years. Was tired of having to insert an applicator full every other night and wearing a panty liner the next day. Also the cream didn't provide a uniform result and I always still burned after intercourse. My Doctor suggested I try the Estring for 3 months and see what I thought. Have been using Estring for 8 weeks now and just love the results I am getting. My Vagina feels normal again and doesn't hurt during intercourse or burn afterwards. However, there are some down sides to this drug. My husband can feel it and it is not comfortable for me either- so now I take it out before sex. Another thing is It never feels like it is inserted properly even though I insert it into the vagina as far as I can, and by the end of each week I am swollen inside and uncomfortable with it riding so low in the vagina and my side aches (I do push it back up throughout the week). So, for the last two weeks I have been removing the ring on Friday night and inserting it back on Sunday night before I go to bed. This gives me a break over the weekend. By Monday Morning everything is back to normal & I usually don't feel the the discomfort from the ring again until about thursday aafternoon. This seems to be the only way I can use this drug. I will finish out my three months and then take a month or so using the cream again and then go back to the ring for another 3 months. Hope this review helps. I would recommend you at least try it and try different things like I am to make it work. The results are awesome it's just the discomfort that is not.

Related Reading: Estrace

Comment from: nr57, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 10

I started using Estring about 4 months ago for menopausal dryness and related discomfort that defies description. Within 3 weeks I felt more human. No discomfort or dryness at all which couldn't delight me more. However, it seems the price I pay is dizziness, not constant, usually when reclining or rising from a reclined position and most especially after a glass of wine. For whatever reason I did not connect the dizziness (3.5 mos now) to Estring. It got so bad I took myself to 2 different doctors, neither of whom made a connection to Estring (dizziness was BAD and has subsided though not disappeared). After scoping out various web sites this morning I'll remove the ring and see what happens. Geeze--I hate to lose the benefits, but can't take the dizziness.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: 10 yrs after menopause, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 09

I tried estrogen creams, but they caused irritation. Vagifem suppositories worked better for a while, but didn't help enough at the once a week prescribed dose, and they were expensive. For the last six months, I felt some degree of burning and the urge to urinate most of the time. Four weeks after inserting the estring, I feel normal again, have experienced no side effects, and the cost of the 90-day ring is less than the cost of the once-a week 3 month prescription of Vagifem.

Related Reading: Vagifem