Evista User Reviews

Evista - User Reviews

Evista User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Evista sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: debB, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 16

After taking Evista daily for 4 months, I had to stop because body and muscle aches began to impact my daily life.I couldn't go up stairs or get up out of a chair without some serious hip and knee pain. I am not out of shape or overweight.I also experienced shoulder and middle of back pain that felt like it was "in my bones."

Related Reading: Evista | knee pain

Comment from: helovsu, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 06

No side effects! I am very sensitive to any medications and must take all in smaller doses than most w/ elevated results. This medication shows no signs of use whatsoever, but, I feel stronger while using it. My bones do not creek as much after 2 weeks of use; I am very happy with this drug; no stomach upset w/ or w/o food.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 30

since I start using this medication, I have a lot of muscular pain.

Comment from: sc2ing, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 25

This medicine caused me to have chest pain with a trip to the emergency room and a night stay in the hospital. Thinking I was having a heart attack. Turns out this medicine burned my esophagus and now I have ulcers. I am being treated for these ulcers now. This is one of the worst treatments for bone lose. DO NOT TAKE!

Related Reading: chest pain | heart attack

Comment from: almost 53, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 11

It has been given to me for postmenopausal use for osteoporosis & post breast cancer treatment. No problems

Related Reading: osteoporosis | breast | cancer

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 05

Had diagnosis of osteopenia and osteoporosis. I have IBS and Actonel and Fosamax gave me severe constipation requiring enemas. I was switched to Evista and have had no side effects.

Related Reading: osteopenia | Actonel | Fosamax

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 24

Have been on Evista for two years following a diagnosis of ostiopaenia. Just had a bone density test and my density has increased, showing no signs of osteopaenia.

Comment from: meaningfulc, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 21

When I was 27 years old I had to have a hysterectomy due to endometriosis. So I went thru a surgical menopause. My Dr. did not put me on any meds for prevention of osteoporosis then. If he had I most likely would not have osteo. so severely now. My age now is 55. I am angry that back then my dr. did not do that or recommend that I needed meds. Now the dr. I am seeing has had me on Evista 60mg. daily for years and recently after my bone density and the other bone test, she decided to put me on Fosomax. I had tried it before and cannot take it or Actonel due to acid reflux problems I have. I went back on the Evista and just have to be careful not to stand too long or my back really starts to hurt. It is too bad that Dr's don't prescribe a drug for osteo if they are putting us thru surgical menopause. They should know better. Call me mad about what happened to me.

Related Reading: endometriosis | menopause | prevention

Comment from: blue, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 20

I found out that Evista is most dangerous drug I ever encountered. Dr. put me on Evista February 2009 I was on for it 3 months and it gave me so much side effects just like it described, hot flash, sweating, or leg cramps, weight gain, sweating, constipation and bloating, muscle and bone pain, feet & ankle pain &burning, leg cramps, swelling lags, skin rash it never go away, finely high blood pressure. serious side effects occur I took myself off of it. Since then I have high blood pressure stayed with me permanently till this day so the doctor put me on blood pressure medication. I was doing some research on bone drugs, any of the bone drugs are bad for the bone, it will make the bone more brittle and break more easily. I believed Evista is most dangerous drug to woman.

Related Reading: constipation | ankle pain | rash

Healthy Bones

Get tips and advances in treatment.