Evista User Reviews

Evista - User Reviews

Evista User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Evista sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: chattyb, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 01

I took this medication for two weeks. I started to get pain in my legs that gradually worked into bad leg cramps. I also got "charlie horses" in the morning. This drug is not worth the risks.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 28

I WAS happy with Evista, no side effects the first year. After the second year, I began to have terrible foot pain and insomnia. Then, to my surprise, through a CT Scan for colon health, it was discovered that I have cysts, enlarging in 3 months, and fibroids. I NEVER had fibroids or any other problems in the fertile years, I am now 63. I wonder how many of us have cysts on the ovaries, which now I must have removed. I believe there is a connection as Evista "mimics" estrogen. Anyone else have this experience?

Related Reading: foot pain | insomnia | cysts

Comment from: Renee', 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 19

I have been on Evista 2 1/2months I have weight gain 25 pounds,night sweats,legs swell,shortness of breath,very high cholesterol ,,arms itch,severely bloated,blurred vision,can't stand to long pain in legs and back so i can't do my job (hairstylist)also strokes run in my family and they say I have the symptoms now .I'm 44 and was in good shape now I'm lucky to go grocery shopping.I feel disgusted at my doctors. Im going to do it with exercise and nutrition.

Related Reading: night sweats | cholesterol

Comment from: annie, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 02

I've been taking Evista at least 8 yrs. and at my age am wondering if I should try some of the alternative calcium remedies as My dad had a stroke and a heart attack and died at the age of 57. After reading some of the other comments I am wondering if my extreme arthritis in my thumb joints could be related?????????????

Related Reading: arthritis

Comment from: confused, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 13

I suspect blood clot in my eye causing double vision could have been caused by evista. this happened twice since i have been on evista. Doctor advised me to stop taking it. he says evista is not the cause, and to date he does not yet know what the cause is.

Related Reading: double vision

Comment from: nearing60, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 22

Evista caused me to have extreme soreness in the muscles in both of my arms and in the tendons of my hands. I actually tried it three times because my doctor recommended it so highly for prevention of osteoporosis and breast cancer after menopause. After evaluating its effect on my body for the third time, I have decided that I absolutely cannot take Evista.

Healthy Bones

Get tips and advances in treatment.