Evoxac User Reviews

Evoxac - User Reviews

Evoxac User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Evoxac sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: davidvanhooser@aol.com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 24

The drug provides relief of dry mouth and eyes.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 11

I have Sjogren's Syndrome and my dry mouth is out of control. I tongue is raw feeling all the time, can't eat anything spicy, salty,minty, with pepper, my teeth rub my mouth and cause sores, the corners of my mouth split, my lips are chronically chapped and my tongue is splitting. Evoxac worked for a while and nothing works. Why isn't there something out there for dry mouth? I can't believe with all the magic and marvels of modern medicine..there's nothing. Biotene is great tooth paste, but I can't use any of the other products becuase, the mint is too strong. It's hard to eat now and it's not fair!

Related Reading: Sjogren's Syndrome | Evoxac

Comment from: Happy, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 11

I was put on this drug for sjogren's Syndrom. Not only has it helped my dry mouth, eyes, and skin; it has reduced the fatigue and muscle pain. I feel better than I have for many years.

Related Reading: fatigue | muscle pain

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 24

Taken 2 to 3 times a day, this medication is the difference between whether or not I have enough saliva to eat food and prevent sores inside my mouth. It's been a real lifesaver. I have not noticed any side effects.

Comment from: Jody MacArthur, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 29

Until my Rheumatologist prescribed me this med, I had no idea just how dry my mouth really was! I couldn't believe the first time I took it how quickly it worked and voila, I could actually spit for the first time in three years! Now I am no longer "married" to my water bottle. Also, it has helped a lot with controlling chronic oral thrush. The downside of this is the sweating. I have to time it just right so I'm not dealing with this really annoying side effect while trying to go to sleep. Also, this stuff is really expensive (can't wait for the generic!) but despite these things, it is so worth it for me. It has made a tremendous difference for me and is a mainstay in my drug arsenal to fight this crazy condition.

Related Reading: thrush | sleep

Comment from: lgens, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 09

My doctor prescribed 3 pills/day. I cut it back to 1 because with 3 I had too much saliva and it made me disoriented. 1 pill/day works great for me.

Comment from: have everything, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 15

Works great for my dry mouth & dry eyes. Eye check up recently shows more moisture returning to my eyes - best check-up in months! Had been taking off & on for a few years but started taking regularly 2-3 times a day for last 3 months after having lots of dry eye problems. Have not noticed any side effects except for a little drooling & I'll take that over cotton-mouth any day!

Related Reading: dry eyes

Comment from: DIYSTER, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 15

Works great but one side effect is minor flushing (like getting a hot flash). Takes about 45 - 60 minutes to kick in. Be careful not to take too close to bed time or you'll drool all over the pillow.

Comment from: cbrad, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 20

I have Sjogren's Syndrome that causes severe dry mouth. This medication is the only thing I have fround that helps. About an hour after I take it I notice the effects. I started with 3 pills a day and am now up to 4. It very effective for about the first 3 or 4 hours, but anyone with this condition knows that relief from dry mouth for that long is great! I don't know how I was able to do without it.

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options