Evoxac User Reviews

Evoxac - User Reviews

Evoxac User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Evoxac sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 25

Have taken for more than 6 years. Only could take 1 pill per day because of stomach issues. Worked really well until last few months. I am having severe leg cramps at night and plan to discontinue use.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 13

I've been on this medication for over 4 years and have had very good results. My only complaints are the hot flashes after taking it and that I have to take it 3 times a day as it's not a long-lasting drug. Without it, I can barely talk because of the dryness.

Related Reading: hot flashes

Comment from: dm, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 12

I had to start this drug because my dr. would not be willing to change my HTN meds.If it wasn't for this med I would have taken myself off my meds because of the unbearable side effect of dry mouth.

Comment from: fordhammsw, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 14

I am modestly hopeful about this drug. I've been taking it for a week, and find that it does improve my severe dry mouth. I started taking it three times a day, but found that it causes insomnia and constipation, and am backing down to twice a day to see if it's still somewhat effective. It does peak about and hour after you take it, and the saliva that does get produced is very watery, not the normal, more viscous saliva that a normal person produces. I have read that, over time, Evoxac will help build up the mucins (the stuff that makes saliva a little gooier) which are also protective of the teeth. I don't think I will ever have a pre-Sjogren's level of moisture, but the best effect so far has been an improvement of my chronic and painful gastritis, caused by the lack of saliva (saliva neutralizes stomach acid),so for me that alone makes it worth it. No doctor I have ever seen understood this connection; it took reading an academic site on the internet after the fact to learn why it has improved the gastritis.

Related Reading: insomnia | constipation | gastritis

Comment from: sixkatmama, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 10

I have been onthis drug for about 6yrs now, after being dianosed with Sjorgren's Syndrome, it has been very difficut with this diease as I cannot get doctors where I live to understand this SS. I have arthritis and a variety of other skin problems no one knows if this SS is the bbasic cause of all of my pain, also take Enbrel 1xaweek. But thank goodness my 1st rhemy Dr. put me on Evoxac, still educating people about this drug. Thanks, C. Pierson Stanwood, MI 49346

Related Reading: arthritis | Enbrel

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 05

Radiation for tonsil cancer resulted in xerostomia. I found Evoxac preferable to Salagen. It is more effective, with less side effects.

Related Reading: cancer | Salagen

Comment from: ngutierrez, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 27

This gives me excessive sweating and serious night leg cramps.

Related Reading: excessive sweating

Comment from: inthesticks30, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 27

Have just started this med. after 4 years of dry mouth and having 7 teeth pulled because of them falling apart I'm willing to try anything to help. My remaining teeth are mostly chipped and have to come out, I had a blood inf. 4 years ago which threw the Sjogrens into overdrive. I also lost 70 lbs. and half my hair. My sinuses are constantly dry, and mostly destroyed after black mold caused a super inf. which had to be treated by anfoterrible. So hopefully before I have anymore horrible problems this medicine helps, being able to eat without having to coat food with sauce or drink more than a gallon and a half of water everyday. Or wake up with my tounge stuck to the roof of my mouth and so sore I can't stand it.

Related Reading: mold

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options