Evoxac User Reviews

Evoxac - User Reviews

Evoxac User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Evoxac sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 04

I've been taking Evoxac for about 3 months and it helped my dry mouth so much when I first started it that I had to only take it twice a day rather than 3 times. But now I'm having dry eyes a lot and Evoxac is not helping them at all. It's not helping as much for my dry mouth as it was when I first started it.

Comment from: dmf63, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 03

Evoxac relieves dry mouth without side effects for me. Dry mouth is not 100 percent gone, but Evoxac helps enough to continue use.

Comment from: merickson2058, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 06

Took the drug for dry mouth after a virus affected my sense of smell and left me with a dry mouth/burnt tongue feeling. The drug makes me very dizzy and shaky. I can't drive or function well. I am on a beta blocker for blood pressure. Going off evoxac after just over a week. Gives me tingly feeling in my mouth and does help produce more saliva, but side affects are not worth it for me.

Comment from: Gene, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: May 09

This drug has been very effective for me in treating Sjogrens Syndrome. It does, however increase greatly my tinnitus.

Related Reading: tinnitus

Comment from: catmagnet, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 27

I have been taking Evoxac for dry mouth due to Sjogren's syndrome for a couple of years. I started out taking it once or twice a day, but now take it 3 times daily, as the effect does not last long. I try to take it with food, because on an empty stomach it kicks in very quickly and powerfully--too much effect at once! It is only helpful for 2-4 hours after each dose, but better than nothing. I have not had significant side effects, just a little extra sweating. If they could come up with a timed-release dose or a skin patch, it would be nearly perfect for my needs.

Comment from: Dolly, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 17

I have been on Evoxac for a year and a half, it works well about 1/2 hour after I take it, but the effect only lasts about one hour. Also I think it has made my acne prblem worse, has anyone else noticed this side effect ?

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: olddoll, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 24

I have Sjogren's and have for about 5 years..The Evoxac caused me to have a chronic cough for the last 2 years..they did chest x-ray to make sure there wasn't something else going on. I finially realized about 45 min after the med, I would start to cough. I know side effects are sinusitis and post nasal drip...actually as bad as I am with the dryness, I prefer to constantly drink over having to leave church, social events, etc because of the constant coughing. Anyone else have this? I went off the med, and, no longer have the problems..I don't think it was a great help with the dry mouth and eyes either...I was still a mess!!!

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: roseathome, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 05

been using for 2 yrs. has helped some with dry mouth. may not ever be the same. my BIGGEST problem is extreamly,profuse sweating of the head. no matter if it's 90% or 20% I am sweating. my hair is soppying wet and i'm dripping from my face,It turns bright red. can't enjoy going any where because it happens for no reason. this goes on several times a day. i think (know) i would rather be dry than wet. Any thoughts or help welcomed

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options