Exalgo User Reviews

Exalgo - User Reviews

Exalgo User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Exalgo sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Echo, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 02

I crushed my ankle a year ago and 2 surgeries (hardware in and then infection and hardware out) and infection treated with 6 weeks IV Antibiotics, I have struggled to live a normal life and find pain relief. I work full time as an Engineer and taking regular Dilaudid only gave me short periods of relief. I wouldn't drive within 5 or 6 hours of taking my Dilaudid and I took it two times a day. I would take it when I got to work and then by about 2pm it would wear off. I wouldn't take another dose until returning home from work and errands at 7pm or so. I was miserable. I had a horrible pain management doctor as well who told me that this isn't what was happening, the dilaudid wasn't wearing off. Anyhow, long story short, I got a new pain doc who put me on Exalgo. I am on the 12mg daily dose. This is the best pain relief I have had in a year. I am amazed at how well it is working and at the fact I can even work 12 hour days now with little breakthrough pain. I love the fact that I take the pills at night and they don't make me foggy for work. I get constant pain relief without all the short term side effects of the regular dilaudid dose I was taking in the morning. I don't get the drowsiness or spaciness either. I love this medication. If you have been taking Dilaudid and it does/did work well for you, I think this drug will as well. I have no side effects on this drug other than a little gassiness I think from the way the pill dissolves. It has all but completely gone away. I sleep like a baby and I used to wake up several times a night to try to get my leg in a comfortable position. I don't have any weird dreams described by some. I don't have extreme sweating or shakes, nausea, or spaciness. I have been taking Exalgo for 1 week. I will do another review after a month.

Related Reading: Dilaudid | pain management | Exalgo

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 24

I've tried what seems like everything to live a normal life... you name it, I've probably tried it. Exalgo has changed my life, literally. I used to have so much pain it was difficult to walk. Now I'm actually able to get around and have tentatively even started doing light things that I haven't done in years; things like going for an evening stroll with my family and doing light housework. Those things would have had me laid up in bed for hours if not days. I take it once per day; its so much better than remembering a long set schedule of when to take what. Also, I used to get acid reflux and constipation constantly, however all of that went away about a week or two after starting this. I feel like a new person. Instead of waking up throwing up and not eating, I'm getting up (yes its still difficult) and doing what normal people do. I feel so lucky and overjoyed at what I've been given. Its like a new lease on life! I can't believe how great it feels to be able to manage now. Its like being given a miracle.

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 02

I take 32MG of Exalgo every morning supplemented with 15MG of percocet 4 x a day for break through pain. I switched from morphhine sulfate to Exalgo about 4 months ago and I'm very pleased with the change. The morphine sulfate was not giving me much relief but after about 10 days of nausea and severe headaches when I started on exalgo, my pain relief is much better! I don't know how long it will last but I'm very thankful for the amount of relief I get from exalgo. Exalgo is very expensive, about $1,200 for a month's supply until I meet my medical insurance deductible and then about $50 for a month's supply.

Related Reading: percocet

Comment from: rpm_123, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 16

It has given me most of the relief that FENTANYL use to, except I now have a much "clearer" mind and brain function.

Comment from: solarbumm, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 14

Exalgo is a life saver for me i was having severe cronic neuropathy was tried on various other meds with no relief. thank god for exalgo now no pain what so ever.

Comment from: JR in metro DC, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 05

Lumbar and thoracic problems for 20 years but much worse in the last 6. Multiple surgeries including failed fusion, ALIF, RFL, facet et. al. treatments and injections. Was on morphine sulfate ER 30 MG 3 X a day, oycodon APAP 10/325 4 X a day, and muscle relaxer 3 X a day. New pain mgmt doc 3 weeks ago and he changed my meds (they didn't work) to Exalgo 12 MG 2 pills ea morning & oxycodone 15MG(IR) without the acetaminophen 4 X a day and kept the muscle relaxer too. Started to notice a change after about 1 week. The Exalgo seems to be making a positive difference. I've also had 2 trials of the neurostimulator at the lumbar and thoracic regions and am now in the insurance approval process and hope to have the permanent stimulator before the end of the year. Will have wires to the lumbar and thoracic regions which is almost unheard of treatment. My PM doc is fabulous and my family doc referred me to him after I had to move back to the Washington, DC area. His name is Dr. Nameer Haider. I highly recommend him as he has been a God send. Hopefully, with the Exalgo and the NS I can have a life with tolerable pain. I've continued to work but it has been absolutely brutal and I look forward to having a life with a little less pain. If you are in the Washington, DC area or willing to travel to the area, I recommend seeing Dr. Haider and maybe he can help you too.

Chronic Pain/Back Pain