Exalgo User Reviews

Exalgo - User Reviews

Exalgo User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Exalgo sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Gem, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 22

I had great success with 150 Duragesic patches but my pain dr passed away. New pain dr offered me 75 Duragesic patch. Did not work after taking the other for five years. They decided to try Exalgo! Not only is it even more expensive it does not work well at all. All I want is my old pain regimen back! I still take 15 mg Oxycodone for breakthrough pain but it's all breakthrough!! Having surgery 25 in a few weeks! Don't recommend Exalgo !

Related Reading: Duragesic

Comment from: Mack, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 02

24/7 my pain is rarely below a 5 on a 10 scale. This med dropped it one level at best. However, the pain is excruciating in the early AM. My dr. wants me taking nothing else but this. I am discontinuig since only 10 mg. percocet for pain and 10 mg valium for muscle spasms and ice packs can get me going in the AM. My contract (signed) with him is that I will take no other pain meds. This med is totally useless for that severe early AM pain. One major side effect is almost no bladder control when asleep. A week on this med is one week to long.

Related Reading: valium | muscle spasms

Comment from: tami6266, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 30

O'my, I am in more pain than ever in my 3 yrs of chronic back pain. I've had two fusions(didn't take) So, I asked my dr for something that was only taken every 24 hrs, because by the time morning got here, I couldn't hardly move., much less walk. So I was put on Exalgo 16mg & omg,5 days ago. I'm feeling like I have raw pain, I'm taking percocet as my break-thru med & it is saving my life, I'm waiting on the dr to call me to see if I can double it, because there is no way I can drive 52 miles to my dr today. Any advice people? I would not recommend this drug to anyone. It is terrible to be off of your meds, waiting for a new one to work, when it doesn't work at all. good luck to those of you that it does help.

Comment from: bsell820, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 16

When I first started taking exalgo it gave me a horrible headache everytime i took it. That lasted about a week. I have been on it three weeks and it has not touched my pain yet. Its not working yet for me.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: npainnomore, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 01

wasn't sure it was working for the first couple of days but my doctor doubled my dose to 32mg the pain is manageable. for the first time in a long time I have some perc's left at the end of the month.

Comment from: Steven, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 14

Exalgo ER works just OK. I have chronic pain in my lower back (2 surgeries) and shoulder (pinched nerve). I was previously on Opana (20mg 2x). Opana was the best however I built up a tolerance and dr would not up my dose. He switched me to Exalgo with a diaudud 4 mg (3x) breakthrough. Exalgo is too expensive!

Related Reading: chronic pain | pinched nerve | Opana

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 02

I take Exalgo 16mg and it works well for me. It does not cause the cravings that a quick release medication can cause, such as Oxycontin.

Related Reading: Oxycontin

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 26

I have struggled with chronic pain in neck & shoulders. Rear ended twice and had a 3 level fusion in my neck. This medicine gave me very good pain relief without feeling "dopey". Been on quite a few others, this isn't cheap for me, but well worth it.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 14

recieved better results with oxycotin an percocet combination

Chronic Pain/Back Pain