Exforge User Reviews

Exforge - User Reviews

Exforge User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Exforge sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: LDC454, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 02

When I was diagnosed as hypertensive, my blood pressure was 238/170. This medication, within a month, brought my pressure down to 110/70 on average. I had no side effects except for some slight dizzy spells when I first started taking it as my body was used to having high pressure. My body had to readjust with lower pressure. The only thing I do not like is that Exforge is not available in generic form and my prescription co-pay for namebrand drugs is $50. I hope a generic version comes out soon.

Related Reading: Exforge

Comment from: Patty, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 19

Satisfied up til now. But after 2 1/2 months I'm getting some real bad side effects. Dizzy, nightmares, loss of energy, weakness of legs, numbness in feet and now a closeness in my chest. Back to the Doc for a full blood workup ASAP. I hate new meds! Ya never know what they really do to you.

Related Reading: nightmares

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 25

No side effects except heavy flushing

Comment from: jyr731@aol.com, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 26

I have been using Exforge for about eight weeks. It has brought my blood pressure down to the normal range w/o any other noticiable side effects. I have been on three other HBP drugs in varying does and none have worked until Exforge.

Comment from: DeeC, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 24

I have been using this medication for only one month and my blood pressure has already down, it was 188/100 its now 146/90 and that good compared to what it was and I feel somewhat better now, just knowing something is finally working for me.

Comment from: jk, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 10

I have been on Exforge 5 mg for 5 days. My legs sting and hurt especially knees. Feet are swelling. Had a sharp pain in stomach earlier. BP. 162/ over 89 and 163 over 90. Previously had energy. Today very tired.Dr wants 3 weeks of Exforge.Will try.Previously on Norvasc generic

Related Reading: Norvasc

Comment from: WEBMD, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 11

I have been on Exforge 3Mos. Very little change in BP. My high 145/90 low 125/79. Side effects, flushing,aching legs especially knees also hands.

Comment from: raddoc, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 15

I'm a doctor and a patient. I take this medication and have experienced foot swelling...but THIS IS A KNOWN SIDE EFFECT, NOT DRUG ALLERGY. Only moderately controls BP. Expensive compared to other medications for HBP.

Related Reading: ALLERGY

Comment from: Kay, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 17

My BP often read in the area of 200/190. Within days of taking exforge, my BP went back to 120/80. Unfortunately,my feet are swollen,am more tired than normal and I have muscle pain every day.

Related Reading: muscle pain

Comment from: Eleanir, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 11

I have experience swelling of my feet and ankles. Although my blood pressure is commpletly under control, I am concerned about this side effect

Comment from: grytckr, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 24

The drug works well but it seems to bother my feet and ankles. I have experienced swelling and discomfort in my feet by the end of the day. I just have to kick off my shoes.