Exforge User Reviews

Exforge - User Reviews

Exforge User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Exforge sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: bloodpumpingnormal, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 10

I have had High Blood Pressure for 10 yrs now, being diagnosed at age 17. Through many Doctors, and many meds, this is the "1st" that has brought it to normal. I am recently experiencing dizziness,and blurred vision. I have been on the medication for about 6 months now, and will deal with the side effects, as the benefits of taking it are greatly higher. I just wish there was a generic, my copay is $29.00 per month.

Related Reading: High Blood Pressure | dizziness

Comment from: janicearhart@comcast.net, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 25

it brought the blood pressure down except the top number stayed high

Comment from: wizz2468, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 29

I've been taking Exforge for 6 weeks now and had immediate results (120/82). Unfortunately, the side effects kicked in and I now have swollen feet and pain in my knees. Not sure I want to live with the side effects.

Comment from: taco, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 11

It lower the B/P, but had a terrible skin reaction. Missed 26 days of work. After 5 months off the Exforge, my skin is still recovering. If you notice a skin problem--get off soon!

Comment from: fgranmeer4@aol.com, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 01

The medication lowered my blood pressure, but it caused my hands to itch terribly and swell. I have only been taking this medication for a week.

Comment from: cajunrandy@aol.com, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 23

This medicine has lowered my blodd pressure and it does keep it in the 130/78 area! I have not noticed any sweling of the legs, ankles, feet, or hands. However, since the doctor incresed my doseage up to the maximum ( 10mg/320mg) once per day, I have noticed a major problem with hemroids, that seam to be on the inside of the annal canal, and not on the outside of this area! Has anybody else noticed this condition or experienced this condition? Please reply if you have! Thanks! You can also write to me at cajunrandy@aol.com if you wish to and you do not want to post your experiences on this site! THANK YOU!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 28

Caused coughing, dizziness, nasal congestion,hair loss,frequent urination. It did lower bp significantly, but discontinued Exforge due to side effects.

Related Reading: hair loss

Comment from: jgmille, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 26

If you have,diastolic heart failure, do not take this medication. Their own research showed it can lead to significant increase in morbidity and mortality if you have this type of heart failure.I wound up in the ER after taking Exforge for 3 weeks. It had lowered the blood flow/pressure to the point my body thought I was bleeding and went into shock. People with diastolic heart failure do not tolerate low blood pressure well. Readings below 130/80 can bring on ischemic stroke like symptoms.

Related Reading: heart failure | shock | low blood pressure

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 26

I went to the hospital and I had been on Benicar. Blood pressure kept spiking so the doctor gave me this med. I've had a lot of flushing since being on this but not sure if this is the cause. I've also had a slight headache since then. Any ideas?

Related Reading: Benicar | headache

Comment from: Idahogal, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 23

I have no side effects from this drug. No other drugs worked within 3 weeks I went from 194/116 to 115/76 no more shakes or headaces.