Exjade User Reviews

Exjade - User Reviews

Exjade User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Exjade sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: magpie7175, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 26

Worked effectively to bring my ferritin down from 7000 to 1000 in 12 months. It is easy to use, just have to always take it with you and use on an empty stomach. I used it before dinner, so had to make sure to take before going out to dinner or for day long outings. Only downside is, it is very expensive.

Comment from: jm, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 27

Have taken drug for six years, transfusion dependent anemia. Stomach problems helped by zantac. Take meds at night, works better than morning.

Related Reading: anemia | zantac

Comment from: juan28ca, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 02

IT DEPENDS HOW BAD YOUR CASE IS. I'M TO THE POINT WHERE I HAVE CIRRHOSIS OF THE LIVER. I HAVE NOT SEEN THAT MUCH CHANGE. I USED TO BE AT 7000 ON FERRITING NOW I AM AT 2300.IT HAS GONE DOWN MAYBE BY EATING HEALTHIER. NO RED MEAT, NOTHING THAT IS HIGH IN IRON.

Related Reading: CIRRHOSIS | LIVER

Comment from: B. Nick, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 14

At present I am taking Defeoxamine through a portable pump for a 12 hour period each day. This kit consists of tubes, pump, bag and all the fittings and is starting to get me down. I was hopeing that Exjade would be simpler.

Related Reading: Exjade

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: June 08

It is very harsh on the stomach after prolonged usage.

Comment from: trev, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 17

had severe rash after a few weeks. restarted onlow dose with steroids. take flax seed oil2tsp. a day eat a higher dairy foos diet. skin goes very dry. moisturise skin as often as possible.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 18

Having so many blood transfusions for Leukemia, developed iron overload with Ferritin 2300. Taking Exjade for almost 1 year. Ferritin keeps flucuating. Got as low as 981 but then went up again. Not only is the medication EXPENSIVE, it tears up my stomach. Don't know where to go from here. What about diet? Are there foods that can help? I've limited my meat consumption but then I'm anemic. Help!!

Related Reading: Leukemia

Comment from: Tinkerbell, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 04

My Father has Leukemia and has had chemo for the past 12 months. Due to the transfusions he has too much iron in his body. I would like to know what benefit IF ANY or what increase in quality of life he should expect. I would also like to know why a co-pay is $4,000.00 a month?!?!?! YOU TELL ME WHAT IS THIS MONEY GOING TO BUY! With a 4 month treatment plan I'd say Novartis is doing a damn good job of wiping out Senior Citizens Life Savings. $16,000.00 when it is all said and done Hope it is worth it!

Comment from: Iceburgslimk, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 28

I have Sidroblastic anemia. Too much Iron, not enough blood. I've tried Defeoxamine which worked very well, but was very rough on my body. Injection site, etc. Exjade is a good alternative. I'm just still trying to adjust. It upsets my stomach bad. I am currently taking it right before bed. I have been taking it for a year or more as of now. An affective pill bypasses and injection any day if you ask me!

Comment from: Badger, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 26

If you need financial assistance, try: Restricted Distribution Program Patients must obtain deferasirox through the Exjade Patient Assistance and Support Services (EPASS) program.21 The clinician and patient must jointly complete a prescription and reimbursement application.21 Following verification of prescription information and review of healthcare benefits, an authorized specialty pharmacy ships deferasirox directly to the patient or the clinician's office.21 To enroll in this program, call 888-903-7277 or visit .21