Factive User Reviews

Factive - User Reviews

Factive User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Factive sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 04

I,m not an expert, but it seemed to clear my chronic sinusitis up while having to take less "pills" everyday. Don't let it dissolve any in your mouth because it doesn't taste to good

Comment from: asworth, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 15

I was on the 7 day dose for a sinus infection... after 5 days my infection was gone however my entire lower face and neck were covered with a rash...not fun.

Comment from: mdavis, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 11

After taking just 2 doses I have developed a rash on hands and stomach. Sinus infection is almost cleared.

Comment from: explore42, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 05

In 2005 my doctor put me on a 10 day treatment. As I was finishing the treatment I broke out in a terrible rash and had to go to the ER to get a steriod treatment. Since then I have suddenly become allergic to peanuts and peppers which I believe were caused by this drug.

Comment from: cutesnapdragon, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 27

Was given a 7 day course of Factive and last night was last dose. I woke up this morning with hives all over my body! I went to doctor because had no clue as to what happening, and she told me it was hives due to the factive. I told her I have never had this happen and I have taken Cipro and Avelox meds. She said even thought it is close to the same thing as Avelox it is slightly different..

Related Reading: Avelox

Comment from: LJ From Tx, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 26

I have no problem with this treatment. I did drink alot of water.

Comment from: SPOT, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 01

On the 7th day I broke out in what I thought was just a heat rash all over. After taking steriods for 6 days I feel better but still see the rash and itch when I get over heated. This medicine is horrible and I wish I would have read all these comments before hand. Good luck to you all if it's already too late.

Related Reading: heat rash

Comment from: RCM8355@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 09

After taking FACTIVE for 5 days, I developed a SEVERE, ITCHY RASH all over my entire body. It was unbearable for 3 days, I lost time at work and needed to see a doctor for a cortisone shot and prednisone pills. I have been covered in red spots for the last 5 days.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 23

I was prescribed this drug for a upper respiratory infection after surgery. I only took it for 3 days, and started having horrible nightmares that someone was trying to kill me!!! This drug should be taken off the market.

Related Reading: nightmares

Comment from: cncrnd, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 14

i had an acute bronchitis and my dr gave me 5 days theraphy, on the 2nd day i started seeing blood on my stool. should i be concerned? if someone can reply..

Related Reading: acute bronchitis

Comment from: tammy, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 01

After only one day of taking factive, my face swole horribly and my tongue swole so bad i couldnt talk and could barely breathe. I was nauseated, shaky and in lots of pain. I read where the FDA in 2000 would not approve this drug- I wonder how it got on the market. It is not worth the pain that it causes. I hope my swelling will go down soon- Im on steroids and benadryl now.

Related Reading: benadryl