Famvir User Reviews

Famvir - User Reviews

Famvir User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Famvir sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 28

Valtrex didn't work one bit for me. I have been taking Famvir for about 2 years and it has seriously reduced the severity and frequency of my breakouts. I have the confidence to share real intimacy with my partner- we've been together 1 1/2 yrs- and he is free from any hint of infection as well. I was able to deliver my daughter vaginally because of Famvir as well. I had some side effects to start- but they went away after my body got used to it. I could not live a normal, happy life without it! I am very grateful.

Related Reading: Valtrex | Famvir

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 12

I have struggled with type 1 herpes simplex of the eye for over 30 years. I can't begin to tell how painful this infection is! Finally, I was given Famvir and it's great! It starts working immediately. It is an expensive drug but well worth the cost!!! No other medication is needed. It's that wonderful, and has NO side effects.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: October 29

This drug has worked wellfor me for several years when two other types of antivirals at higher doses did not. I haven't noticed any side effects.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 27

I had no side effects and the medicine worked well.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 23

Unfortunately infected since 1979, before I had ever heard of the std. Used all the early treatments with very little effect until famvir came along. It works well for me provided I start it at the earliest sign of infection. If not results are the same as if not taking it at all. Overall I'm satisfied with the medication. Have never experienced any side effects.

Comment from: JM, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 09

I have never experienced any negative side-effect. I have not had an episode for over 2 years. Many thanks to my Dr and Famvir.

Published: December 04

Very Effective, Easy Treatment of cold sore. The sore cleared up in 2-3 days. Famvir was used in conjunction with OTC topical treatment.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 12

I often get cold sores on my mouth after a fever. As soon as I feel the tingly feeling before the sore comes, I take famvir. Famvir makes it heal drastically quicker than normal.

Related Reading: fever

Comment from: awandlp, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 26

A year ago, I had a painful case of Shingles on my right side (back & stomach). Two month ago I began having severe pains on the right side of my head, ear & jaw. This pain was not accompanied by visible sores. I saw a neurologist and had a cat scan (which was negative). The pain persisted until I had a chance talk with a friend who is a dermatologist. He diagnosed my condition as a bout of shingles and recommended Famvir. Three days after taking 500MG, 3X per day the pain was completely gone. No side effects and I was told to complete the usage until all thirty pills were consumed.

Related Reading: Shingles

Comment from: Itchy, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 11

I was into the shingles infection about 5 days when I went to the doctor. It looked just like poison ivy. She prescribed Famvir. The shingles spread like wildfire for the next 3 days. I have two days left of medication and I'm concerned I may need another round. No appetite. Heart palpitations. Tired. Is it the drug or the shingles? Hard to determine.

Related Reading: poison ivy | palpitations

Sex & Relationships

Get tips to boost your love life.