Famvir User Reviews

Famvir - User Reviews

Famvir User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Famvir sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: happy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 28

I used to get 2 or 3 outbreaks a year lasting a week to 10 days. I started using Famvir 10/12 years ago and noticed much shorter, easier outbreaks with much more time between. Just having my 1st in almost 2 years. No noticable side effects. One of the few things that are worth the cost.

Comment from: gh, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 22

This medication definitely diminished the neuralgia and course of the shingle outbreak. I did experience slight dizziness, palpitations, and a headache. Symptoms occurred on day 3 of a 7 day treatment.

Related Reading: dizziness | headache

Published: November 19

Many people seems to be promoting Valtrex at the herpes dating site pozgroup.com, which I am using, but those little blue pills did diddly for me. I didn't get relief until my doc gave me Famvir (pill thing) and Lidocane (topical anesthesia).

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 15

I've experienced no side effects.

Comment from: bob, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 26

I've used topical cremes such as Abreva which I found to be worthless. If I take famciclovir, the cold sore will be kept very small or hardly noticeable. I wish I'd discovered this drug earlier.

Comment from: 65-74 (Patient) Published: May 23

This just didn't seem to improve my nerve pain and the severity of the shingles. Heavy pain meds were necessary.

Comment from: SadieMae, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 17

I have used this medication before and it worked very well. I used it yesterday at the 1st sign of an outbreak I have taken 6 pills within two days and nothing my cold sore has doubled in size and hurts!

Comment from: Frankiec53, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 05

An hour after I took this medication I had to call 911. My heart started racing and I had difficulty breathing. My chest and back were in a lot of pain. My heart rate shot up to 118 and my blood pressure was 178/92. I may have had an allergic reaction but I have stopped taking this med after 1 dose and don't plan on continuing it. I will use the cream that was prescribed for me and thats it. I would not anyone to experience anything like I had gone through. It was an horrible experience...

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 04

Worked better than Valtrex at cutting down the breakout time and severity, yet still broke out just as often as without any treatment.

Comment from: Teresa, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 24

I have been using this medication for over 6yrs. It works faster than anything else I've tried.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 22

As soon as I feel that "cold sore tingle" on my lips, I take 3 tablets immediately. The one dose does the job in stopping or decreasing the severity of the sores. The important thing is for timing of the dose. I have 3 tablets with me at all times!

Comment from: famvir, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 02

a rash after finishing this medication normal?

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 25

just started taking it a wk and 1/2 ago for cytomegalovirus.would like to know if anyone else took it and how it worked for them.

Related Reading: cytomegalovirus

Sex & Relationships

Get tips to boost your love life.