Fanapt User Reviews

Fanapt - User Reviews

Fanapt User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Fanapt sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 06

The first few days on trial pack I had nasal congestion and headache. Taking decongestant. The effect this medication has had on my life has been amazing! Previously I was on high doses of two other drugs leaving me apathetic and not caring. Three weeks in and I am off one drug and cut way back on the second and I am alive again! As drugs wore off I have had to really take responsibility for my action in the past, most of which I was unaware of. Side effects and amens aside this drug is well worth taking!

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 21

I am taking this med for symptoms of schizo-affective disorder. I transitioned off of 45 mg of Zyprexa onto 12 mg of Fanapt per day. At first I was way over medicated and felt sluggish and out of it for a couple of weeks. But as I went down on the dosage of Zyprexa (which over 7 years had caused about 100 lbs of weight gain) I felt that my hallucinations and racing thoughts were under control on just the Fanapt. I like taking the Fanapt as my constant hunger has disappeared. I have lost over 30 lbs. in the 10 weeks I have been taking Fanapt. I would highly recommend this medication as a replacement for Zyprexa - all the positive control of Zyprexa without the hunger!

Related Reading: Zyprexa | Fanapt

Comment from: Ginny, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 30

I have been taking this for almost 3 months now and am now taking 10mg twice daily.My parents say I stopped talking nonsense.I do not hear fake voices as much.The side effect of this is mostly dry mouth and sometimes fatigue.I stopped gaining weight since I stopped the other medicine.I am doing so much better and should be able to go back to school in the fall.

Related Reading: dry mouth | fatigue

Comment from: theguy, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 11

It works great for voices and paranoia. The negatives are fast weight gain and I look stoned.I gained 28 pounds in one month on this medicine. I currently take 6mg twice a day.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 03

After first dose of 1mg, I experienced nasal congestion & headaches, along with eye irritation. I also felt more aggitated. I tried a second day of 1mg and the same symptoms occurred w/more intensity. I stopped treatment. It was prescribed for Bipolar II.

Comment from: 19-24 (Patient) Published: April 25

Don't take this drug unless you hvae plenty of muscle relaxers and can sit or lay down all day. This medicine has just turned me into according to my family when they see me, it looks like you are drunk. This medicine has totally messed with my sleep cycle in thatI am awake during the night and day time with very little sleep. If your body is sensitive to EPS (extrapyramidal syndrome) then please do not take this drug, it only makes it worse. And as for the whole bit about about being able to think clearer, don't believe it, it just made me more confused and I also feel very slow with my speech and verbal responses.

Comment from: Theemansgirl58, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 01

When I first started taking Fanapt for Paranoia (Borderline Personality Disorder) I experienced really intense headaches as if I was having sinus problems, and my nose was stuffy...and still is somewhat. The headache has went away, though Im still somewhat stuffy like I said, Its NOT bad. I LOVE that this medicine doesnt make me pass out, like some other meds have...or made me super jittery....I was very sleepy at first but then it "evened" out. I am still having some paranoia...but Its only the end of the first week and Im only on 2mg. Hope this was helpful, I know what its like to search for good meds!! Good luck to you!

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 27

I took a 1mg pill for one day, I was supposed to take another one that night but was too frightened by the side effects to do so. I was drowsy all day, I could not stand up without getting light headed, loss of vision for several seconds, or vomitting. Being prescribed to fanapt was a terrible experience for me.