Fanapt User Reviews

Fanapt - User Reviews

Fanapt User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Fanapt sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Appalachian Girl, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 26

I am using a trial pack to see if this med will help with the treatment of bi-polar disorder; and it is probably a little early to tell as far as the ratings go. Day 1 (1mg): I was light headed, dizzy, my heart pounded out of my chest and I had shortness of breath; I kept having to take frequent deep breaths as though to catch up. Day 2 (2mg): I experienced all of the above x2, plus I woke up disoriented, staggering somewhat, my whole body felt like lead, very fatigued,I couldn't see well, because my eyes felt like they were swelled or like I could not open them all the way. I was very fatigued my friends said I looked "flushed." Day 3 (4mg): I took the morning dosage and felt like I was carrying lead shoes, had a large lead anvil setting on my chest, I literally felt like I was struggling to breathe. I thought I was going to die. I have tried to drink caffiene throughout this trial..which has helped some, but each day I feel like I am pushing the button. I am going to contact my dr about the dosage in the am. For the most part, I think I did feel better mentally-more calm and evened-out, if I didn't have the anxiety of thinking I was going to die! It is so frustrating finding the right "cocktail" of drugs that suites one's needs. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: Reeder, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 08

I take FanApt for controlling depression in Bipolar I. When I first started taking it, I got very dizzy often, but that wore off. Soon afterwards, my doctor increased my dose. When the side effects abated, he increased it again, and then again. The worst side effects wear off after a little while each time. I have a dry mouth and nasal congestion still, but I'm very pleased with the results. Before I started FanApt, my husband thought I needed hospitalization. I continue to improve with each dosage increase, and I'm pleased with my ability to sleep, my activity level, and my improved mood.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 23

I started my first dose @2mg at night. Did not help much with sleep. I also take 4mg of xanax @ night. Second dose was 4mg at night. Again not much sleep. Third dose was 6mg at night, same situation regarding sleep. The following afternoon I was running errands and happened to be at the chechout at a local supermarket. I had been there for what seemed forever, I get very impatient. I started not to feel well. The feeling got worse and I ended up fainting. I ended up with quite a bump on the back of my head and general body aches from the awkward position I fell in. Needless to say I stopped taking this medication after 3 doses.

Related Reading: xanax | fainting

Comment from: CC, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 23

I started this drug,about 2 weeks now, I feel slow, sleepy and disoriented, I can not stand to hear the tv, and feel depressed. I have Schizo-affect disorder, which is not full blown Schizophrenia! I would not recommend this drug, for people with my disorder! My parents say my eyes look like I haven't slept for days,and I do hurt family members feelings with things I say while on this drug, my mom tried me on half a pill and I still feel bad, like I can't wake up. I am on 8 mg.pill. My mom has taken away my meds and wants to see how I do over the weekend until I can talk to my Doctor. I do not reccommed this Drug at all!

Related Reading: Schizophrenia

Comment from: mothball, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 27

6 days in and i'm cautiously optimistic. Titration side effects were terrible, but today i feel fine, now that i've been on my standard dose for 2 days. No hallucinations, delusions.

Comment from: theguy, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 30

Ruined my sex drive. I can no longer get an erection or produce sperm.If you plan on having kids this medicine won't give you the ability too. I was fine until my doctor put me on this crap.Also rapid weight gain

Comment from: Marie, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 02

This new medicine is helping me cope much better and with less side effects.

Comment from: meg, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 11

I use Fanapt for bipolar (mild). It has been great. I havent had any manic attacks since taking this drug. I am still on a med for sleep at night. But my thoughts are doing good and my mood is pretty good.