Faslodex User Reviews

Faslodex - User Reviews

Faslodex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Faslodex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ernurse, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 27

The pelvic, leg and joint pain is severe. walking is difficult, n/v is continuous. But still alive so that makes it tolerable

Comment from: teacher, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 17

Second month of injection I had mild chest pain which went up to the throat area. This lasted for several days

Related Reading: chest pain

Comment from: mrspar, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 20

Was on Arimidex for 2 years. Cancer found in lymph nodes and also appeared on skin. So, chemo started again, and after 5 months of different regimens that were not improving the breast cancer on my skin, started faslodex which seems to have totally turned the skin involvement around- it has retreated and has now almost completely disappeared. My Dr. is amazed - wished we had tried it sooner. Did not work well with Abraxane so now taking xeloda, and lymph nodes are clear once again, and skin still looks good - looks like we made the perfect match, finally (have gone through several drug combinations in the last 11 months). The shots are miserable despite using yoga breath, especially now that I get two every month. Other side effects tolerable so far - rec'd 11 doses. Does massage really help? I've tried ice packs. Had some bad days lately - I think I'm worn out from the fight, but I'm hanging in there. Markers are down - hoping for 2 clear PETs in a row - would be nice for a change though it probably won't change anything about my treatment. Hope it never stops working.

Related Reading: Arimidex | Abraxane | xeloda

Comment from: Karen Williams, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 28

Severely painful joints in legs and hips, can barely walk some days. This started about six months after starting the injections and have been using for 13 months. Looking into other treatment options. Not worth the pain to me!!!

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 10

11 months. Markers down so far. Warming drug to room temp helps make it less painful. Had cancerous tumor removed last month. Long trip 75 miles to have it injected. Joint pain, sore feet, skin and bones. As others said I am still here, but the quality of every day makes one wonder if it is worth it.

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 13

I went from hardly being able to walk to being able to drive and accomplish my household tasks with ease. Was able to go on a cruise now that I couldn't take at the start of my illness. Wonderful drug!!!

Comment from: Judie, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 28

I have just had one treatment so I cannot truly rate the drug as yet. My first treatment was two weeks ago and so far I do not have any side effects that I know of.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 22

side effects

Comment from: sharryCMD, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 09

My original diagnoses was 2001. Mastectomey and Arimidex until Metastatic tumor on L4 spine April 2010. Started on zometa and fasladex after radiation in May 2010. One shot per month and now receiving 2 per month. Not really experiencing any side effects. I may have pain at injection site, depending on skill of nurse. Warming the drug to room temperature helps and the injection should be done slowly. Scans are good so far. I am blessed!!

Related Reading: zometa

Comment from: Golden Girl, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 20

I was DX with metastatic breast cancer to 3 lymph nodes in 12/11 after being cancer free for 4 1/2 years. I started my first dose of Faslodex, 500 mg with no side effects except soreness at the injection site for a couple of days. The nurse that administered the drug warmed the drug and I only felt a prick, not the deep injection. The second dose was 2 weeks later and I again felt only a prick with soreness later. But I started having severe diarrhea with stomach cramps; my oncologist prescribed an anti-diarrhea which controlled that problem. Then I had my next injection two weeks later with the cancer blood markers showing a HUGE drop in the cancer markers, down to the normal level. It was such good news and gave us a lot of hope. My diarrhea is gone; I don't have to take the anti-diarrhea anymore. I now am on a monthly dosing schedule which I think is what has helped with those symptoms plus my buttocks appreciate the monthly schedule! To relieve the pain from the injection I take Aleve plus I apply a heated pad alternating with an ice pack during the day of the injection. I have also bought a infra red pad to alleviate the pain, but not sure how much it is helping. I send positive thoughts to all undergoing treatments and I wish you the very best as you fight this hideous disease.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Breast Cancer

Find support and advances in treatment.